• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

5 hours ago, NAS said:

Panthers may have some insider info that Texans want Bryce Young so the smoke is about getting them to give up a pick or two to move up to #1.  That is the most likely scenario in all of this.  Why would Panthers care if the fan base will be shocked or not.  I'm pretty sure most will be excited anyway, no matter which of the two we pick.  I still think it'll be CJ Stroud.

i think the more likely scenario is the panthers traded up to get the best QB in the draft, and with all this waiting the media and talking heads are manufacturing narratives to keep people talking. 

this whole panthers doing this or that to manipulate this or that, is just hoopla from people who make a living off hoopla. 

my opinion:

Young is superior to Stroud in the things that are hard to measure and quantify.. what matter the most for a QB.   Processing, awareness, ad lib play making, and calmness in big moments. 

Stroud is accurate but everything has been served to him on a silver platter.  Young keeps plays alive and gets the ball downfield when poo dont go right. 

Just now, The Huddler said:

my opinion:

Young is superior to Stroud in the things that are hard to measure and quantify.. what matter the most for a QB.   Processing, awareness, ad lib play making, and calmness in big moments. 

Stroud is accurate but everything has been served to him on a silver platter.  Young keeps plays alive and gets the ball downfield when poo dont go right. 

I dont think many people are debating that, however we are wondering if Youngs body can hold up for a 17+game season for 5+ years.  

• Flames 1

I bet Stroud will take more hits in the NFL. Young has that 6th sense in the pocket and have the quickness and agility to go with it. Not saying Stround isn't good in the pocket, but Young avoids a lot of hits because of his size and agility that a bigger QBs might not be able to dodge

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah, it's clearly a smoke screen at this point to tempt the Texans to trade for the pick.

Literally no reason to release this news if you're the Panthers. Kunkel is just acting as a mouthpiece.

The Texans really want Bryce Young. Since I like C.J. Stroud, it would be a win for me if they swapped picks with the Panthers to obtain Young at #1 , leaving the Panthers to  select Stroud at #2  plus an added draft  selection or two. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think many people are debating that, however we are wondering if Youngs body can hold up for a 17+game season for 5+ years.  

i think he can with a good OL and his ability to evade sacks and play smart football

even if hes a smidge shorter and lighter, Brees did it. I don't think a couple inches and pounds will make a drastic difference. His size may be a advantage to avoiding hits