• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young scored 98 on his S2 teat

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It applies moreso to him. He was my favorite going into last year when all of you were arguing over Howell and and the Pickets of the draft. He is a year ahead of the rest of the class in development.  He played more games and studied more tape than the rest of the class. He's practiced the S2 since HS so he gets no bump for that. 

I've come to see that those things alone will not make him successful in the nfl. He has limitations that set him back to the point that he's not the best choice in this class.  He needs the least development, sure but he's near his ceiling in mental aspects of the game.

He's just not a safe or sure pick to make it in the nfl. That put him on equal footing with the rest of the class when to take everything into consideration. 

Limitations aren't really proven. They are simply projections based out of fear when you get right down to it. I'm sure he's faced doubters since he was a child, but he continued to prove people wrong all along the way. He's been the best of the bunch.

49 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nah I was really all Stroud. Then it hit me we can't miss on this pick because of a size factor. Watching the film Young simply has a bigger ceiling with his ability to escape pressure. Stroud doesn't have that ability to make something out of nothing.

But like I said im fine with either of the 3 QB's. I just think Young is the best of the bunch.

Its not just about size...it never was and CJ has plenty athleticism to make plays on the move. He just didnt need too. Some of yall just choose to make it about that. And it wasnt just the Georgia game where he showed it either. Lol 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Limitations aren't really proven. They are simply projections based out of fear when you get right down to it. I'm sure he's faced doubters since he was a child, but he continued to prove people wrong all along the way. He's been the best of the bunch.

He has been I agree. The goal should be who will be the best in the nfl. He was the best in college until Hooker came along. But Hooker got hurt and removed himself from the discussion. The question they are trying to answer is who's going to be their guy for the next 10 years or more.  I would take Young over Stroud anytime but given another choice I'm looking hard at other options.  But that just me.

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Its not just about size...it never was and CJ has plenty athleticism to make plays on the move. He just didnt need too. Some of yall just choose to make it about that. And it wasnt just the Georgia game where he showed it either. Lol 

Out of all the top QBs, Stroud's numbers took the biggest tumble when under pressure. He gets wildly inconsistent. That is the biggest criticism that scouts/analysts have on him. He doesn't have the escape-ability of Young, or the accuracy off-platform. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Tell me why Bryce Young has been the projected #1 pick since last year?

I swear this board seems to be the only place Stroud is getting hype as the #1 pick. Pretty much everybody else Nationally says Bryce Young is the best QB in this draft.

The only reason I can think of is his size. There is no way you watch the film and tell me Stroud is better than Young.

Yall fall in love with the combine and appearance factor. Bro just give me the best football player.

• Beer 2

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tell me why Bryce Young has been the projected #1 pick since last year?

I swear this board seems to be the only place Stroud is getting hype as the #1 pick. Pretty much everybody else Nationally says Bryce Young is the best QB in this draft.

The only reason I can think of is his size. There is no way you watch the film and tell me Stroud is better than Young.

Yall fall in love with the combine and appearance factor. Bro just give me the best football player.

What?! You just told me that you prefer Stroud in this same thread. 

6 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

No I know lol. I hate the “when he gets to the nfl he’s done because he’s small and never played against competition this size” crap.

The NFL is the All-SEC players (and All-BIG10 / All-ACC etc) for the last 10 years stacked on top of each other. 

It pops off the screen when Young faces a projected NFL athlete (the LSU game in 2022 in particular is terrifying). He's not going to run away from DLinemen in the NFL. He's going to have to win from the pocket - which I have doubts that that he can do due to his size. 

I hope you're all ready for a dink and dunk offence if we draft him, because that's how Brees won at his size - and that negated his physical limitations, like Young will have to do. 

• Beer 1