• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young scored 98 on his S2 teat

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Limitations aren't really proven. They are simply projections based out of fear when you get right down to it. I'm sure he's faced doubters since he was a child, but he continued to prove people wrong all along the way. He's been the best of the bunch.

Yup he has! that is why I'm not worried.

Back in 10th grade, when he was making the move to MATER DEI high school (1 of the greatest in the country), Doubters said, he couldn't dominate like he did at his small school.

They said ppl at that level were bigger & faster. He went on to be the greatest MATER DEI QB by all accounts.

From there, they said, well, that was HS but college is a different monster. The SEC defenses were bigger & faster, so all of that running around extending plays and dominating wasn't going to happen.

He went on & dominated college his 1st year starting & won the Heisman.

Now you hear the same things moving to the NFL...

I have no doubt that if he stays healthy, he will be TOP 5 at some point.

He has been doubted at every level due to size, yet he has risen to the challenge!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Back in 10th grade, when he was making the move to MATER DEI high school (1 of the greatest in the country), Doubters said, he couldn't dominate like he did at his small school.

They said ppl at that level were bigger & faster. He went on to be the greatest MATER DEI QB by all accounts.

From there, they said, well, that was HS but college is a different monster. The SEC defenses were bigger & faster, so all of that running around extending plays and dominating wasn't going to happen.

He has been doubted at every level due to size, yet he has risen to the challenge!

🙄

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

What?! You just told me that you prefer Stroud in this same thread. 

It was probably a mistake.

I had Stroud all offseason until a month ago when I started watching the film. Bryce is the best QB to me.

Young/Stroud/AR in that order.

Im happy if we pick either of them #1. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

We already know that his playing weight at Bama was a buck and the low to mid nineties. 

I’m believing it was 185. A few others have guessed 180. I believe he can comfortably play and not have any finishing returns around 195 but 195 is hella small for an NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, Ivory Panther said:

I wouldn’t say he is a slam dunk top 5 if healthy. I’d hope he’s top 10. But it’s the “if he stays healthy” that scares me on him. We’ve simply never seen a modern day NFL QB play at 190-195 pounds before. 

I’m not sure about the rest of you but I don’t want those plays where he’s running around behind the line of scrimmage looking to make a play and hoping to avoid defenders because I think at the NFL level those close misses from defenders likely turn into hits in the pros. And I don’t want him taking hits. 

I wish he would have run some drills and stepped on the scale again at his pro day. Weighing in at 205 and then putting up respectable times would have alleviated some concerns I have. Showing up at 210-215 without a drop in athleticism would have me on the bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He has been I agree. The goal should be who will be the best in the nfl. He was the best in college until Hooker came along. But Hooker got hurt and removed himself from the discussion. The question they are trying to answer is who's going to be their guy for the next 10 years or more.  I would take Young over Stroud anytime but given another choice I'm looking hard at other options.  But that just me.

Even if Hooker remained healthy, consistency would be a question mark as he only had one great season. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

They had that question about Burrow too. 

Very true but Burrow also had the highest S2 score of his Qb class (97). Would be interesting to see how Hookers scores compares to Young. He might be injured but he took the same test that all the other guys took as well. 

Would even add that in Joe’s one year of college greatness, he completed 77% of his passes for the entire season. Just unworldly stats. 

Edited by LordOfDaWingz

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

The NFL is the All-SEC players (and All-BIG10 / All-ACC etc) for the last 10 years stacked on top of each other. 

It pops off the screen when Young faces a projected NFL athlete (the LSU game in 2022 in particular is terrifying). He's not going to run away from DLinemen in the NFL. He's going to hav - which I have doubts that that he can do due to his size.

Nvm

Edited by Luciu5

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

The NFL is the All-SEC players (and All-BIG10 / All-ACC etc) for the last 10 years stacked on top of each other. 

It pops off the screen when Young faces a projected NFL athlete (the LSU game in 2022 in particular is terrifying). He's not going to run away from DLinemen in the NFL. He's going to have to win from the pocket - which I have doubts that that he can do due to his size. 

I hope you're all ready for a dink and dunk offence if we draft him, because that's how Brees won at his size - and that negated his physical limitations, like Young will have to do. 

Much better than hoping to be the Vikings minus Jefferson.

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I wouldn’t say he is a slam dunk top 5 if healthy. I’d hope he’s top 10. But it’s the “if he stays healthy” that scares me on him. We’ve simply never seen a modern day NFL QB play at 190-195 pounds before. 

I’m not sure about the rest of you but I don’t want those plays where he’s running around behind the line of scrimmage looking to make a play and hoping to avoid defenders because I think at the NFL level those close misses from defenders likely turn into hits in the pros. And I don’t want him taking hits. 

I wish he would have run some drills and stepped on the scale again at his pro day. Weighing in at 205 and then putting up respectable times would have alleviated some concerns I have. Showing up at 210-215 without a drop in athleticism would have me on the bandwagon. 

Btw, the “if he stays healthy” wasn’t specific to Bryce. That’s for any player.  I hear the size thing, I’ll let y’all get concerned with that. I’m cool with his size.