• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brugler's NFL Draft guide

ladypanther

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say that's an overestimation, but either way, not in Reich's offense.

In 2021 (Reich’s last full season), the Colts ran shotgun 76 percent of their snaps. The lowest they ran it during his tenure was 64% in a year. The game is changing to a more horizontally focused game by the year.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Deep dropbacks combined with an "average" arm would definitely give me pause.

He drops back from the shotgun.  Those scouting reports are accurate.  This class has issues all around that will have to be overcome.  Height and arm strength are a big setback that cannot be ignored.  I'm not feeling good about the choices among the group.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He drops back from the shotgun.  Those scouting reports are accurate.  This class has issues all around that will have to be overcome.  Height and arm strength are a big setback that cannot be ignored.  I'm not feeling good about the choices among the group.  

Yeah the fact that he doesn't even have PJ's arm is a concern at the next level. He has more of a Teddy arm. 

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah the fact that he doesn't even have PJ's arm is a concern at the next level. He has more of a Teddy arm. 

Bryce can throw ~55 yards if he puts his might into it but he’s mostly 5-15 yard general and he let his playmakers do the rest.  Similar to SF offense.

• Beer 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067920-nfl-coach-bryce-youngs-arm-unimpressive-compared-to-richardson-stroud-levis

One NFL quarterbacks coach believes Bryce Young made the right call by not throwing at the NFL Scouting Combine on Saturday.

Speaking to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, the coach said Young's arm strength would've been "unimpressive" compared to other top quarterbacks Anthony Richardson, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis.

The coach wasn't dismissive of Young's talent, but he said the things that make him special "don't show up in routes on air" because he's "not going off-platform or processing anything out there."

Richardson was the clear winner among the quarterbacks at the combine. He turned in arguably the greatest mix of performance and athletic traits in the past 20 years of the event.

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Why I've said you take AR and hope you can fix his footwork. If it hits, you've got a superstar. If it doesn't hit you've got an exciting player who can run and can make deep throws off play action. 

Both the other two top QB's have frame / size issues and with CJ there are other red flags for sure.