• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly talking Bryce Young

poundaway

We Panther fans have been lucky to experience excellence at the MLB position. 

Sam Mills

Dan Morgan

Jon Beason

Luke Keuchly

Even guys like Chris Draft and now Frankie Luvu gave us a decent level of play. 

Luke is the GOAT and had concussions not been a problem he probably would cemented #1 all time by now. 

Does make you wonder what could have been with Dan Morgan, very similar player to Luke. Not quite as cerebral as but maybe had an edge athletically and was more of a ruthless player. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

With the staff we had at the time, his career would have been over before it began.

Brees didn't really become elite until he was paired with Sean Payton.

And that's why I have faith in the BY pick. We have an excellent coaching staff. This isn't Matt Rhule and Mike Shula sending a dude out there to get wrecked over and over. We actually have coaching now. And an offensive line. And some decent playmakers.

Any Panther fan who sat around and watched Brees carve us up twice a year for a freaking decade and is STILL harping about size blows my mind.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

spacer.png

People forget he was drafted by the chargers and it took him years to figure out how to get around his lack of size. If we take Young, he will be gone in a couples years and become good year 6. We dont have time to wait around 6 years to figure that out. He we someone who can deliver the ball and high accuracy. That something that develops very quickly with the playbook and knowing your receivers.

Different sport but Zion is one the (if not THE) biggest dude on the court...when he plays, except almost he never plays because he stays hurt even in a non-contact sport.

I guess I've still yet to see the injuries that small Bryce would get that big Cam wouldn't. I suppose he could get the wind knocked out of him more, but I don't see how he could have more concussion, knee injuries, shoulder injuries etc because he's small. I'm also not a sports physician, so there's that.

1 minute ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Different sport but Zion is one the (if not THE) biggest dude on the court...when he plays, except almost he never plays because he stays hurt even in a non-contact sport.

I guess I've still yet to see the injuries that small Bryce would get that big Cam wouldn't. I suppose he could get the wind knocked out of him more, but I don't see how he could have more concussion, knee injuries, shoulder injuries etc because he's small. I'm also not a sports physician, so there's that.

I can already see it next year if/when he gets hurt the debate will still be about his size and if that contributed to it.   

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

People forget he was drafted by the chargers and it took him years to figure out how to get around his lack of size. If we take Young, he will be gone in a couples years and become good year 6. We dont have time to wait around 6 years to figure that out. He we someone who can deliver the ball and high accuracy. That something that develops very quickly with the playbook and knowing your receivers.

Young is coming in more prepared.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

You actually make a solid point. Picking a player over size or too small can be a issue. Picking a player like Morant you got a superstar.

• Pie 1

It is a comfort to hear Luke Kuechly speak highly of Bryce Young. Now we have to wait and see what happens.

I have my own preference about which QB the Panthers should draft between Young and Stroud.

However,  I will  trust our new fine  coaches, who have more insight than I do, to make the right call, and will gladly support and abide by their decision. 

• Pie 1