• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Bridges Suspended

Prowler2k18

Miles isn't completely irredeemable it isn't mine or anyone's place to say. But when you look at his immediate actions afterward on social media like nothing happened and airing out his baby momma with her and his kids locked outside of his expensive home in the weeks after it doesn't vibe with someone that recognizes the severity of their actions and a desire to want to change that. If the team brings him back it's just not a good look no matter how you may want to rationalize it.

• Pie 1

Miles is most likely a piece of poo human being, but if not here he's just gonna go to the Lakers or Philly or something on the cheap so screw it I'll take him back here for cheap. Hope we get Wemby or at least Miller and we can actually compete next year and maybe keep LaMelo from bolting at first opportunity.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Miles is most likely a piece of poo human being, but if not here he's just gonna go to the Lakers or Philly or something on the cheap so screw it I'll take him back here for cheap. Hope we get Wemby or at least Miller and we can actually compete next year and maybe keep LaMelo from bolting at first opportunity.

Miller will be the best player in this draft. His game will translate better at the next level with his ability to create his own shot or create for others. His a Paul George clone.

Wemby im afraid will be injury prone. Not many 7'4 players have long careers. That frame is not going to last against grown men.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Miller will be the best player in this draft. His game will translate better at the next level with his ability to create his own shot or create for others. His a Paul George clone.

Wemby im afraid will be injury prone. Not many 7'4 players have long careers. That frame is not going to last against grown men.

Naw…do disagree Wemby is far and away the best player.  Seriously man, Miller absolutely vanished in some games.  That is very concerning to me.  The talent is top notch but I don’t see any killer mentality with him at all.

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I really do like Miller, also Scoot too. But Wemby is generational and you take a chance on him staying healthy every fuging time if you win the lottery this year. I just hope we get a top 3 pick as there’s a clear cut off after those 3.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Naw…do disagree Wemby is far and away the best player.  Seriously man, Miller absolutely vanished in some games.  That is very concerning to me.  The talent is top notch but I don’t see any killer mentality with him at all.

He had a groin injury during the tourney.

He was the best player in college basketball during the regular season.

Wemby is great and a true unicorn, but his height and frame will be concerning long term.

Even Holmgreen got injured before the season last year. Those tall thin guys are just not built to last longterm.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

He had a groin injury during the tourney.

He was the best player in college basketball during the regular season.

Wemby is great and a true unicorn, but his height and frame will be concerning long term.

Even Holmgreen got injured before the season last year. Those tall thin guys are just not built to last longterm.

Valid points.  Wasn’t aware of the injury.  Now if the Hornets ended up with Miller I would be excited.  Pretty big drop off after the first 3 for me.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

I really do like Miller, also Scoot too. But Wemby is generational and you take a chance on him staying healthy every fuging time if you win the lottery this year. I just hope we get a top 3 pick as there’s a clear cut off after those 3.

Oh im not saying Wemby won't be the #1 pick. Im saying longterm Brandon Miller will be the best player in this draft class. I just don't trust Wemby will have a long career at that height and frame. He's gonna have a hard time adjusting to physical bigs.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh im not saying Wemby won't be the #1 pick. Im saying longterm Brandon Miller will be the best player in this draft class. I just don't trust Wemby will have a long career at that height and frame. He's gonna have a hard time adjusting to physical bigs.

You know IMO if we miss on the top 3 we need to look at guards.  Might sound nuts cuz we can use a wing but we need to start thinking about the day when Ball moves on.  It’s inevitable IMO.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

You know IMO if we miss on the top 3 we need to look at guards.  Might sound nuts cuz we can use a wing but we need to start thinking about the day when Ball moves on.  It’s inevitable IMO.

Honestly im not even interested if we don't get a top 3 pick. It's only 3 stars in this draft imo Wemby/Scoot/Miller.

If we miss out on those 3 it will be dissapointing. Charlotte is one more star away from making a big jump in the East.

• Pie 1

Can’t even take Miller with his gun antics. It was an embarrassment he was allowed to play the season out and do that ridiculous pat down intro after a young lady was murdered and he brought the gun. He dodged a big charge on some technicalities and his boy taking a charge. We already have enough dudes in the room that think they’re cute flirting with ruining their own career. Whoever takes Miller Top 5 deserves him. 

• Beer 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 2:40 AM, SameDamnThing said:

Can’t even take Miller with his gun antics. It was an embarrassment he was allowed to play the season out and do that ridiculous pat down intro after a young lady was murdered and he brought the gun. He dodged a big charge on some technicalities and his boy taking a charge. We already have enough dudes in the room that think they’re cute flirting with ruining their own career. Whoever takes Miller Top 5 deserves him. 

Good points in this thread. Money brings the monster out of a man. Money doesn’t change your mindset if it’s not already focused on making a difference. 

On 4/19/2023 at 2:40 AM, SameDamnThing said:

There wasn't really any misconduct on Miller's part. Teammate left the gun in his car and he returned it. He'd been doing that pat down intro all year. It was a bad oversight not to drop it but nowhere near as recklessly stupid as Miles or even Bouk and Trez committing actual crimes.

• Beer 1