• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AP Mock Draft....who goes #1

47 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's not going to happen, but I wouldn't be upset either way. There are three quarterbacks who deserve to go #1 overall. 

Are the trade down rumors just bull crap right now? Sounds like they are pretty locked in with their choice.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tell me when I shaded CJ Stroud?

#SellOutForStroud

That was me all offseason. Now that I think Bryce Young is the pick now all of a sudden im a Stroud hater.smh

This board man you guys are a piece of work.lol

You have been fine man. To me you seem like an excited fan who is going to be pumped about our new QB. Keep doing you!

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Im curious to know where everybody hard stance is coming from now, Stroud hasnt even had his visit yet and there are constant reports stating that they havent even all sat down and discussed a decision yet. Especially if its truth that Young is not even Reichs choice, everybody can make opinions all they want in the media and other team reps. I think this is too close to not wait until we here from the team directly.

If I could push back on a couple things you said:

1. We don’t know for sure that people in the building haven’t sat down and talked about their preferences or leanings. Scott in the article said 1-2 weeks before the draft, which is the window we’re in now so it’s not impossible that they have talked about who they like and are using visits to confirm stuff. We’re you’re in a collective process like they are, everyone probably have an idea of where folks are leaning this late into the process.

2. When Lance Zerlein made the comment about Reich and young he didn’t source it from somebody in the Panthers building. He just said an “NFC GM” so for all we know that person could’ve been just guessing based on Reich’s past just like a lot of folks were when CJ was leading the hype train. 

I just think when both National and Local media are converging on a topic, there’s gotta be something there. Of course anything can change but I’m just not buying that legit almost every reputable source out there are all getting bamboozled by a ‘smokescreen’. I could be wrong though.

FWIW, Ryan Wilson had Bryce going 1, but said yesterday he thinks it’s going to be Stroud because of things he is hearing. I thought that was interesting. He has said the whole time that Young is the best player, so he isn’t a Stroud lover. 

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Are the trade down rumors just bull crap right now? Sounds like they are pretty locked in with their choice.

Shouldn't they be locked in?   They have years of tape, the pro-days and combine.  They've met these players, talked to their coaches and know their game inside and out.

The playbook has been made.    They could have written it for 3 potential QBs, but I doubt it.