• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jersey Number 9 now open and available?

ncfan

6 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Or he could be the fuging starter. 

Certainly possible, but for that to happen your presumptive 1st round pick and your vet back up are injured or being outplayed by the teams 2nd year 3rd round  draft pick who is coming off an injury.

The only way (at least from my current viewpoint) this nets out to being a positive would be that Corral emerges as an elite NFL Qb. If this happens it would mean that Matt Rhule, the most incompetent coach in franchise history, architected one of the most brilliant draft picks in franchise history.

That said,  I think the odds of this scenario being a good thing for the franchise are not very high.  

4 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Certainly possible, but for that to happen your presumptive 1st round pick and your vet back up are injured or being outplayed by the teams 2nd year 3rd round  draft pick who is coming off an injury.

The only way (at least from my current viewpoint) this nets out to being a positive would be that Corral emerges as an elite NFL Qb. If this happens it would mean that Matt Rhule, the most incompetent coach in franchise history, architected one of the most brilliant draft picks in franchise history.

That said,  I think the odds of this scenario being a good thing for the franchise are not very high.  

No way. Any scenario that ends in an elite, or even top 10 QB is a good thing for this franchise.

Who cares who that player is? I wouldn’t cry at all if Corral and Young/Stroud bust but Eason throws 4000 and 30 TD’s.

Let people make fun of wasted draft picks while they watch us in the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

No way. Any scenario that ends in an elite, or even top 10 QB is a good thing for this franchise.

Who cares who that player is? I wouldn’t cry at all if Corral and Young/Stroud bust but Eason throws 4000 and 30 TD’s.

Let people make fun of wasted draft picks while they watch us in the playoffs.

I think we are saying the same thing. Agree if he turns out to be elite then no one cares what it took to get there.  I just see those as being long odds and the likelihood is not very high on that happening.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think we are saying the same thing. Agree if he turns out to be elite then no one cares what it took to get there.  I just see those as being long odds and the likelihood is not very high on that happening.  

We indeed are saying the same thing. Odds will be low that any of these QB’s are elite. Only a few teams are lucky to have elite QB talent ever. 

I think the odds of obtaining an elite QB are higher if we enter camp with Young/Stroud AND Corral than just the rookie and Dalton. It’s simply another “shot attempt” that may or may not find the bottom of the net.

We were lucky to have Cam, and many teams would have killed for Delhomme/Beuerlein production from the position too. This has been the most brutal stretch we have had at QB since Cam was healthy.

We all just want it to end lol.  

• Pie 1

On 4/16/2023 at 4:09 AM, Pejorative Miscreant said:

But the cash from the movie tickets would be good for all involved.

I'll see myself out.