• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sheena Quick the most reliable reporter when it comes to Panthers news?

CamWhoaaCam

On 4/16/2023 at 4:14 PM, csx said:

I would like them to ask interesting questions about football instead of constantly trying to be the one to break a story or pry something out they already know won't happen for a headline. Occasionally you will see a question asked that the person being asked lights up about. There's potential to create good content if they try. One could easily corner the market on good journalism if they put less effort in to twitter.

They certainly do ask bogus questions that always seem to be layup answers never really learning everything new. 

I get people wanting tough questions asked and all, but I'd point out a couple of things...

One, in a press conference environment, there's really only so much a reporter can do. You can ask a question, but if it touches on any sort of information that the team doesn't want out there, they're just gonna give you a BS answer and there's not a lot you can do about it.

For the most part, I honestly think the press corps we've got now between the established types like The Observer guys, Person, local TV types and the independent ones generally do pretty well. Some of it may be that we have more willing team personnel than we did under Richardson, but the result is better.

And lastly, this isn't Watergate. It's football. Minus something like the Carruth story, you're still covering a game. Don't always take it so seriously.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get people wanting tough questions asked and all, but I'd point out a couple of things...

One, in a press conference environment, there's really only so much a reporter can do. You can ask a question, but if it touches on any sort of information that the team doesn't want out there, they're just gonna give you a BS answer and there's not a lot you can do about it.

For the most part, I honestly think the press corps we've got now between the established types like The Observer guys, Person, local TV types and the independent ones generally do pretty well. Some of it may be that we have more willing team personnel than we did under Richardson, but the result is better.

And lastly, this isn't Watergate. It's football. Minus something like the Carruth story, you're still covering a game. Don't always take it so seriously.

We also have Newton being the "tough question" guy and this new staff was obviously prepped to ignore his click bait seeking topics. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We also have Newton being the "tough question" guy and this new staff was obviously prepped to ignore his click bait seeking topics. 

I remember Frank Reich telling somebody in a previous presser, "I've heard about you" or "I know what you're doing" or some such, but I can't remember if it was Newton or somebody else.

• Beer 1

Joe Person is probably the best all around. Fowler isn’t bad, but I think he’s calmed down from Scott Fowler years ago, I remember him being more dickish. Ellis Williams is good.

David Newton probably has a ton of sources too but he’s always late on reporting or butchers it. 

Sheena isn’t bad but she’s not up there with Person by any means.

Edited by Cdparr7

6 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Joe Person is probably the best all around. Fowler isn’t bad, but I think he’s calmed down from Scott Fowler years ago, I remember him being more dickish. Ellis Williams is good.

David Newton probably has a ton of sources too but he’s always late on reporting or butchers it. 

Sheena isn’t bad but she’s not up there with Person by any means.

@SheenaQ is more “of the people”. She really likes to interact with the fans and she’s using her sex appeal for popularity (don’t blame her).  She’s already appeared on sever popular shows and podcasts and is a regular on TV. I think she is shooting for a national type of gig. Her reporting isn’t that deep but it’s interactive and engaging with the fans and that may just take her a long way. 

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

55 minutes ago, NAS said:

@SheenaQ is more “of the people”. She really likes to interact with the fans and she’s using her sex appeal for popularity (don’t blame her).  She’s already appeared on sever popular shows and podcasts and is a regular on TV. I think she is shooting for a national type of gig. Her reporting isn’t that deep but it’s interactive and engaging with the fans and that may just take her a long way. 

Using my sex appeal? Lmao, my bad. I’ll be sure to leave my face and body home next time 😂.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1