• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NHL Playoff Thread(non canes)

Panthers Fan 69

Rags played very physical with the Devils and that's not what NJ wants. They don't really have the type of "heavy" team needed to play like that....we all know this about Dougie especially.  He played just like he played for us in the playoffs tonight.  He doesn't like physicality.

The Devils better pressure the Rags PP or they are going to be in a world of hurt the rest of the series. 

I wish them luck, but classic Rags playoff roughness was in effect tonight.

7 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t see the Devils doing well in this series.

NO SH-T.

If they played like they played last night (dogsh*t), then they'll get swept.

Lindy Ruff better come up with a solid gameplan 'cause this is in danger of spiraling out of the Devils control.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Rags played very physical with the Devils and that's not what NJ wants. They don't really have the type of "heavy" team needed to play like that....we all know this about Dougie especially.  He played just like he played for us in the playoffs tonight.  He doesn't like physicality.

The Devils better pressure the Rags PP or they are going to be in a world of hurt the rest of the series. 

I wish them luck, but classic Rags playoff roughness was in effect tonight.

Bottom Line last night :

Goaltending failed. Special teams failed. 5v5 Offense couldn’t make up for it after the Rags went into a defensive shell with the lead. That’s it. Not really that complicated.

Game 2 is a monstrous MUST-WIN now. 

Lindy, GET TO WORK, YOU OLD FART!

Edited by glenwo2

12 hours ago, DavidEng said:

I kind of want Dougie Hamilton to score, playing better with the Devils this year than when he was with us. If we play the devils I don’t want him to score then lol

Dougie Hamilton is not a Hurricane because he can't play D. May as well make him an oversized forward. I dare say Chatfield, Ghost and, obviously Burns, are better defensive players than Doug Hamilton. Sure, Chatty and Ghost don't have the offensive output, but you don't sign blue-liners to provide offense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Dougie Hamilton is not a Hurricane because he can't play D. May as well make him an oversized forward. I dare say Chatfield, Ghost and, obviously Burns, are better defensive players than Doug Hamilton. Sure, Chatty and Ghost don't have the offensive output, but you don't sign blue-liners to provide offense.

I wouldn’t even say he can’t play D, he just chose not to here at times. I love the Burns Slavin line. Early on burns was trying to pull a Dougie but once he figured out the sweet spot with Slavin he’s probably been the best pairing Slavin has had.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

They don't really have the type of "heavy" team needed to play like that....we all know this about Dougie especially.  He played just like he played for us in the playoffs tonight.  He doesn't like physicality.

This.

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Goaltending failed.

But wait, you were about ready to hand him the Vezina just last week.

Just sit back and play house on the Rangers, allow them to cycle 5v5 and rotate the puck at will on the PP, the Devils may get outscored 25-5 in a 5 game series.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I wouldn’t even say he can’t play D, he just chose not to here at times. I love the Burns Slavin line. Early on burns was trying to pull a Dougie but once he figured out the sweet spot with Slavin he’s probably been the best pairing Slavin has had.

That’s fair, Dougie can play D but true he was MIA at times. Burns was a great ad and doing D and offense. And we do need goals from our Ds!

26 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Unfortunately my last memory of Hamilton will be this.

i mean. juking Ovy into smashing into the boards was hilarious.  And when he tapped the Islanders player on the helmet playing duck duck goose after they made that reference and then got swept was also hilarious. I loved Dougie, but for the money, no way.  He would disappear on either or both ends for long stretches, especially in the playoffs.  The true difference at least one game in is that Burns has instantly elevated his game (after a historic Canes D reg szn performance). For the money Dougie isn't quite worth it and he won't sustain over the life of that deal.

• Pie 2