• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To the Bryce Young doubters...

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I agree with your sentiment except it is much more likely than only one of those 3 has a good career. I sure hope it's our guy.

This is the 2nd time I've seen you say this tonight. I would think that in a year where a JV sized QB may just go #1, having more than one QB succeed doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

Edit to add; But if it is only 1 QB, I concur, let it be ours.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

This is the 2nd time I've seen you say this tonight. I would think that in a year where a JV sized QB may just go #1, having more than one QB succeed doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

Edit to add; But if it is only 1 QB, I concur, let it be ours.

I think we are also underestimating Corral with this crew 

3 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I think we are also underestimating Corral with this crew 

I believe there are more ppl than we think that want Matt to get a fair shot this year. With the limited amount of time coaches get to actually coach, is there enough time for him to make a good impression.

Also, he has been in that building rehabbing and all that jazz. Maybe they see him more than what we think they do.  Who knows. 

I've also got this inkling that you can save a certain amount of your PS guys. Maybe he gets one of those spots. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I believe there are more ppl than we think that want Matt to get a fair shot this year. With the limited amount of time coaches get to actually coach, is there enough time for him to make a good impression.

Also, he has been in that building rehabbing and all that jazz. Maybe they see him more than what we think they do.  Who knows. 

I've also got this inkling that you can save a certain amount of your PS guys. Maybe he gets one of those spots. 

Before the trade I’d have been totally on board with drafting BPA at 9 and go with Corral for the season.  Either he looks great and could be our QB of the future, or he’d have been terrible and helped us land a top pick in a better QB draft without needing to trade up.

But the trade was made, Dalton was signed to be the backup and mentor.  If we get any decent offer for Corral it’s time to trade him now, will be hard for his value to go up unless he knows up in little pre-season action.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

There have been bigger QB's who couldn't stay healthy either. It goes both ways.

Look at Cam 6'6 250 and he stayed banged up throughout his short career.

Cams injuries came from an accumulation of taking a lot of hits due to a garbage o line and the league not protecting him in the pocket. This dude is nowhere near Cam far as what he can endure. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Before the trade I’d have been totally on board with drafting BPA at 9 and go with Corral for the season.  Either he looks great and could be our QB of the future, or he’d have been terrible and helped us land a top pick in a better QB draft without needing to trade up.

But the trade was made, Dalton was signed to be the backup and mentor.  If we get any decent offer for Corral it’s time to trade him now, will be hard for his value to go up unless he knows up in little pre-season action.

Who knows how much this coaching staff sees him? But he has been in the building rehabbing and such. Maybe they've seen enough to want to stash him on the PS. You can protect up to 4 players nowadays. I hope the kid gets a chance. But again, who knows? 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Who knows how much this coaching staff sees him? But he has been in the building rehabbing and such. Maybe they've seen enough to want to stash him on the PS. You can protect up to 4 players nowadays. I hope the kid gets a chance. But again, who knows? 

You have to cut him before he can sign to the practice squad in the first place so if that happens he'll probably bounce to a better opportunity

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

You have to cut him before he can sign to the practice squad in the first place so if that happens he'll probably bounce to a better opportunity

Nice catch. When I was reading up on how many players you can protect, I forgot about them having to clear waivers first. Not sure Matt would clear them. 

Well poo. Now what?

31 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Nice catch. When I was reading up on how many players you can protect, I forgot about them having to clear waivers first. Not sure Matt would clear them. 

Well poo. Now what?

I think they are going to vote to reinstate the emergency QB rule at the Spring Meetings. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I think they are going to vote to reinstate the emergency QB rule at the Spring Meetings. 

I would think with how many QB went down last year. And it basically cost the 9ers a shot at a SB. It makes sense to add a QB to the roster.  As long as his salary doesn't affect the cap. Sounds good. 

It just makes too much sense.

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I would think with how many QB went down last year. And it basically cost the 9ers a shot at a SB. It makes sense to add a QB to the roster.  As long as his salary doesn't affect the cap. Sounds good. 

It just makes too much sense.

I think he would count against the 53 man roster, but not the game day roster.  

13 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I think he would count against the 53 man roster, but not the game day roster.  

I think with how many of todays' players are able to move around. Maybe you can squeeze a roster spot for that extra QB? I know I would be willing to go that route. 

Of course, it all comes down to your QB depth. Do you actually have 3 capable QBs? And do you keep 3 just to make sure? Different opponents might change things as well. But man, it beats the heck out of arguing over our next great QB. I tell ya what on this one.

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

He’s a quality QB on a rookie contract. You don’t trade him until you evaluate him. You may be sitting on a gold mine, if not cut him after camp

• Beer 1