• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hall of Famer Bill Parcells on Bryce Young's Size: 'He Better Walk on Water'

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Fantastic video.

It's no coincidence that all the footage is from the LSU, Georgia and Texas games either - teams that field multiple NFL level athletes on defense. 

I just hope whoever we pick will have the adjustments needed to fix these types of issues especially at the QB position with the coaching staff we put together. 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:27 AM, OldhamA said:

Fantastic video.

It's no coincidence that all the footage is from the LSU, Georgia and Texas games either - teams that field multiple NFL level athletes on defence. 

And there will be 11 of them on the field. Not three. Or two. 

Try this: Take nearly any one of these SEC college players that made an NFL a roster, look at their  body and their game at the end of their college career, vs following just one season in the NFL. Which one do you think wins a one on one? College self or 1 year NFL vet self?

I may feel okay betting on Young with a top ten pick, maybe. I’d feel really good about making it in the 20s.

But I don’t make that bet at 1.1 having to pay so much extra to get the chance. When I say I don’t want Young, well  arbitrarily I don’t simply because of his size, he falls outside my okay zone. But there is a chance he overcomes that and also overcomes a suspect arm (in my mind), and I would take it at the right price. 1.1 plus considerable future and current assets- is so far out of that right price range I couldn’t even really take it seriously. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

Interesting more voices are suggesting the Tepper's are steering the selection.

Also the Stetson Bennett remark stings.

Frank Reich wants a specimen. Remember Tepper had his hand in getting rid of all the tall handsomes in favor of short scrappies.

BY as the pick has Teppers spectacles and ketchup stained little fingers all over this.

• The D 1