• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunny Sunday before the draft

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

https://time.com/2798972/studies-show-cat-people-are-smarter-than-dog-people/

Since we gotta turn this into a cat thing… just saying 

Perhaps we should start using this as the benchmark rather than S2 scores, no? Lol

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

7 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

My father in law saw on Facebook that we are taking Stetson Bennett and he believes literally everything on Facebook. He's excited about it so he will be shocked come draft night

Stetson Bennett
Football quarterback

Nicknamed "the Mailman", he started his career as a walk-on at Georgia before transferring to Jones County Junior College. Bennett transferred back to Georgia where he won consecutive national championships in 2022 and 2023; joining A.J. McCarron as the only two quarterbacks to win consecutive championships.

Thanks for this post, @TheMostInterestingMan.  I just hopped on here after running errands all morning, and seeing the list of typical "the guy I want is the greatest ever, if you don't agree you are a moron, and if they don't draft him I am going to hold my breath" threads, I was thinking of logging out and not coming back until Thursday night.....and not necessarily expecting great things then.  Then I ran across this.

People can blame you that I didn't just punch out all week! 😀

I'm optimistic.  Still a little cautiously so, but not nearly as much as in recent years.  I'm not looking at the opportunity this team has with dread, like I would have for the past five or so years (aka - how are we going to screw this up?). 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Amen to that, beautiful Sunday. Good day at church, now to enjoy some NBA playoffs and start shopping for Bryce Young Jerseys.

And remember fellow huddlers, Bryce may not be who you want, but atleast you're not as miserable as @PanthersGOATFan336 who is pooing every positive post because he can't accept the team is run by compotency for once.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Asaria said:

Amen to that, beautiful Sunday. Good day at church, now to enjoy some NBA playoffs and start shopping for Bryce Young Jerseys.

And remember fellow huddlers, Bryce may not be who you want, but atleast you're not as miserable as @PanthersGOATFan336 who is pooing every positive post because he can't accept the team is run by compotency for once.

Too much meat isn't good for you 

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Too much meat isn't good for you 

So shrimp and chicken on a Sunday is unhealthy? Did you know my diet is such now that I eat meat once a week and it’s usually fish? Did you know my diet is about 80% rice and fruit?

But thanks for the health advice. People may listen to it more if your reputation on this site wasn’t that of an immature 15 year old my friend. 

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

So shrimp and chicken on a Sunday is unhealthy? Did you know my diet is such now that I eat meat once a week and it’s usually fish? Did you know my diet is about 80% rice and fruit?

But thanks for the health advice. People may listen to it more if your reputation on this site wasn’t that of an immature 15 year old my friend. 

Ty for your opinion I'll do with it what I do with the other huggers on here

Clean Up Vintage GIF by US National Archives

14 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Everyone is excited, that’s a given, but only fools aren’t skeptical given our owner.

The story was “look, he kept Rhule. He’s prideful and he won’t learn” and then he fires Rhule. Then it was “great,  the interim did well. He’s gonna hire him full time” then he turns around and hires a staff that has been universally presided as incredible. Then it was “he’s getting involved in the picks” yet the GM insists he is letting the coaches make the decision on the pick. And it’s well documented he wanted Justin Fields but ultimately let the staff make the decision…

So I’m sorry, but I’m just not really seeing the evidence right now. Has he made mistakes early on? Sure. But had he turned around and shown growth? To me he absolutely has. Again, you can latch on to the mistakes and reject evidence that he’s learned from it or you can give him another chance with what is kind of revered as one of the best coaching staffs assembled right now and enjoy things for a minute 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The story was “look, he kept Rhule. He’s prideful and he won’t learn” and then he fires Rhule. Then it was “great,  the interim did well. He’s gonna hire him full time” then he turns around and hires a staff that has been universally presided as incredible. Then it was “he’s getting involved in the picks” yet the GM insists he is letting the coaches make the decision on the pick. And it’s well documented he wanted Justin Fields but ultimately let the staff make the decision…

So I’m sorry, but I’m just not really seeing the evidence right now. Has he made mistakes early on? Sure. But had he turned around and shown growth? To me he absolutely has. Again, you can latch on to the mistakes and reject evidence that he’s learned from it or you can give him another chance with what is kind of revered as one of the best coaching staffs assembled right now and enjoy things for a minute 

It’s just billionaire hate