• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte FC Trade Shinyashiki For Meram, Also Looking To Move Armor

According to reports, Charlotte FC has traded Andre Shinyashiki to RSL for winger, Justin Meram.

Meram is a 34 year old winger who will provide depth for Charlotte, he represents Iraq at the international level and recorded 8 goals and 19 assists for RSL in 96 games.

Link: https://www.ksl.com/article/50628448/justin-meram-traded-to-charlotte-brazilian-forward-coming-to-rsl

In addition to moving out Shinyashiki, TopBin90 is reporting that CLTFC is also looking to move on from Adam Armor and a deal with Atlanta United recently fell through.

Link: https://www.topbin90.com/post/charlotte-fc-looking-to-move-on-adam-armour-atlanta-united-deal-falls-through

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Always thought Armour could’ve been a decent young option at LB.

Shiny hasn’t looked like anything in his few appearances this season. He seems to thrive when he can kind of be a ball hog and take shots but not in a role/system where he needs to balance that with passing and finding others

30 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Who is they?  Stinkyshitty (sorry not a big fan of his) and Armour or stinky and the coach?

Armour but maybe both of them. From a redditor playing coy so take with a heap of salt. For what it's worth I know Shinyashiki had a reputation as a night life regular in Charlotte.

Charlotte FC player investigated after reported rape
Player says he’s been cleared to play.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Charlotte FC player Andre Shinyashiki has been investigated by police in connection with a rape that was reported in early March, according to a police report and a statement from the player.

The club announced an internal MLS investigation into Shinyashiki last week, after a trade agreement with Real Salt Lake fell apart.

In a statement Tuesday, Shinyashiki said he had been invested by MLS and cleared to return to playing.

“I’d like to address the story that came out today,” Shinyashiki tweeted.

“I fully cooperated with Charlotte Police and MLS in their separate investigations related to the incident and no charges have been filed against me. I’ve also been cleared by MLS to play. I’ll have no further comment.”

A police report provided to WBTV in response to a request for reports related to Shinyashiki details a reported rape that happened in late February. The report was taken on March 8.

The criminal investigation was first reported by the Charlotte Ledger.

According to the police report, a 23-year-old woman reported being raped and forcibly fondled at an apartment Uptown.

The report lists four suspects in the apartment but does not identify them by name.

No charges had been filed as of press time and the case status is listed as ‘inactive’ on the CMPD report.

A spokesman for Charlotte FC told WBTV that the team is aware of the report and had no further comment.

A spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office referred questions on possible charges to police.

Source