• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wtf Arnold GIF - WTF Arnold Diff Rent Strokes - Discover ...

I don't know what's so confusing.

Assuming the smallest QB prospect by far in the modern NFL has not been in the NFL, there is no data which to say whether he will be successful or not. Now of course, that is assuming that all you Size Bros don't accept Drew Brees or Russell Wilson in the sample size (or Joe Theisman or Montana, or any smaller QB). Assuming that Young has the smallest frame of all, he'll be a pioneer, as will the franchise that drafts him. How Young goes will probably speak to whether or not smaller guys will get drafted so high in the future. 

On an off note, "Go Stetson!"

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Assuming the smallest QB prospect by far in the modern NFL has not been in the NFL, there is no data which to say whether he will be successful or not. Now of course, that is assuming that all you Size Bros don't accept Drew Brees or Russell Wilson in the sample size (or Joe Theisman or Montana, or any smaller QB). Assuming that Young has the smallest frame of all, he'll be a pioneer, as will the franchise that drafts him. How Young goes will probably speak to whether or not smaller guys will get drafted so high in the future. 

I'm confused why Stetson is rated so much lower than Young. Look at their statistics, and who Bennett played with at receiver and running back compared to Young.

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We could easily say the odds aren't with Young being successful. You say "there isn't a data point" but the lack of a "data point" is a red flag on its own. It's not because short QB's don't exist, it's because they generally don't thrive. The only two QB's that were Youngs size and taken in the 1st were Manziel and Murray. Manziel flamed out and Murray runs a 4.4 40 and is built more like a shot running back. He also as a baseball arm.

Young is built like a frat boy who goes to the gym, and every trait is average or below average except for, allegedly, his mental processing. He may be a great dude. But being a good guy doesn't mean poo in the league.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen two or three different mocks suggesting he will be.

I can't see it happening, would be shocked to see him get past both Detroit and the Raiders without one of them either taking him, or trading back for more picks to someone who wants him.

I can't imagine a scenario where the Titans don't trade into the Top 10 to take a QB, then plus the Colts make 3 QB's taken, of which I'd be surprised if Stroud is not one of them.

My concern is less about Stroud still being there at 9 as much as am I that AR will be there still.

I think AR will end up as the best QB in this draft (and if not him, Stroud, I think they'll end up 1-2 in some order), but fully understand that he's also the biggest risk of the 4.  But if he's still there at 9 and we could have had him while keeping the rest of our picks and DJ, that's when I'll be really angry about the trade.

22 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

So let's go woth a guy who is the smallest and lightest QB's in the modern era at number one, because he scored well on a test he's been practicing since high school.

i think his on field performances shown by years worth of game video has something to do with it.

btw…his “practicing” the test since high school means he’s been developing the skills that are tested, which translate to his ability to perform on the field. it’s not like he’s learning facts, he’s developing cognitive abilities that make him a better player.

Edited by Mother Grabber

16 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'm confused why Stetson is rated so much lower than Young. Look at their statistics, and who Bennett played with at receiver and running back compared to Young.

When a play breaks down or when he is pressured, Young excels. Bennett does not. Bennett needs his pocket and his huge ass TEs. UGA wanted to run it down their opponents throats then let Bennett keep the defense honest. Bennett the weakest link on UGA’s offense and Young was the biggest strength of Alabama’s offense. Basically polar opposites in regards to their offenses. 

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

When a play breaks down or when he is pressured, Young excels. Bennett does not. Bennett needs his pocket and his huge ass TEs. UGA wanted to run it down their opponents throats then let Bennett keep the defense honest. Bennett the weakest link on UGA’s offense and Young was the biggest strength of Alabama’s offense. Basically polar opposites in regards to their offenses. 

I sense a little Bulldog hate. Bennett, though not nearly as magical as Young (few are) at extending plays, he is not some statue out there. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Stetson-Bennett-has-evolved-into-an-elite-CFB-QB-Georgia-football-national-championship-TCU-202312296/Amp/

Edited by top dawg

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I sense a little Bulldog hate. Bennett, though not nearly as magical as Young (few are) at extending plays, he is not some statue out there. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Stetson-Bennett-has-evolved-into-an-elite-CFB-QB-Georgia-football-national-championship-TCU-202312296/Amp/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/stetson-bennett-qb-georgia-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/amp/

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/espn-stetson-bennett-might-go-undrafted

I get your are a UGA fan, but Bryce (#1 pick) and Bennett (might go undrafted) are polar opposites as NFL prospects. He obviously has nothing to prove in college as he won 2 championships, but even with that his NFL career is backup at best.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/stetson-bennett-qb-georgia-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/amp/

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/espn-stetson-bennett-might-go-undrafted

I get your are a UGA fan, but Bryce (#1 pick) and Bennett (might go undrafted) are polar opposites as NFL prospects. He obviously has nothing to prove in college as he won 2 championships, but even with that his NFL career is backup at best.

Bennett also played 5 or 6 years in college vs 3 for Young.