• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

20 Full games of Bryce Young at Alabama, (each game condensed down to just his passes/runs)

panther4life

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

When you play for Alabama or an Ohio state the game is relatively easy.  Your line is better. Your skill positions are better. How do you react when you are on the bad team, Constant pressure, or receivers who aren’t open.

Watch the 2022 Tenn and Auburn games to see how Young reacts. The Texas game as well if you want to see Young have a bad(ish) game.

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The Auburn 2021 game is a rough one to watch. I get worried that the first 3 quarters of that game will be the norm 

Wasn't a pretty game for Young by any means. Auburn brought the heat a lot and Alabama's receivers dropped some catch-able passes. I also think at some point in the first quarter part of the video the announcers said Alabama hadn't had a positive rushing play. Young also showed quite a bit of hero ball that needs to be coached out of him. The sack at the top of the third quarter being perhaps the biggest example of when he should have just thrown the ball away. All that said, he did enough to win the game and that's ultimately what counts the most.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The Auburn 2021 game is a rough one to watch. I get worried that the first 3 quarters of that game will be the norm 

That game Young had so many bad throws and way to many sacks. But manages to come back to win. That is what this team needs.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It's the Iron Bowl.  Anything is possible in that rivalry game.  

When is the last time a National Title contender Alabama lost to a .500 Auburn team? I'll wait. Rivalry or not, when Bama is rolling they are rolling. They were the same machine with Young as they were even with Jones and definitely not Tua.

29 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Wasn't a pretty game for Young by any means. Auburn brought the heat a lot and Alabama's receivers dropped some catch-able passes. I also think at some point in the first quarter part of the video the announcers said Alabama hadn't had a positive rushing play. Young also showed quite a bit of hero ball that needs to be coached out of him. The sack at the top of the third quarter being perhaps the biggest example of when he should have just thrown the ball away. All that said, he did enough to win the game and that's ultimately what counts the most.

Yeah the jumping in the air or standing on his toes to get a pass off is an issue too. Do they coach it out of him or just accept that it comes with the height thing? Not game specific just a general thing I've seen throughout his film. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah the jumping in the air or standing on his toes to get a pass off is an issue too

Cam did that a lot too, especially early in his career on short passes. Cam also did it a lot off his back foot. I guess it's something these guys develop before college and it's just never coached out of them. Hopefully, Frank and Co coach it out of Young unlike Ron and Co did with Cam.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

When is the last time a National Title contender Alabama lost to a .500 Auburn team? I'll wait. Rivalry or not, when Bama is rolling they are rolling. They were the same machine with Young as they were even with Jones and definitely not Tua.

That is very specific because Auburn has to be .500. Mac Jones loss to them. Gus pretty much beat them every 1 to 3/4 games. Plus this is all for nothing as Alabama still won. Close wins happen all the time. Again when it’s a rivalry game you can throw all bets out the window. Auburn’s defense was playing on fire that game…

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well he scrambles around every drop back so this must be long. Almost meter drops, sets, and throws. Dude is going to get hurt in the NFL.

That’s how he creates time in the pocket. He has amazing pocket awareness. People talk about how he had so much time to throw but it wasn’t because of his O line last season. The guy has been facing d linemen who have nfl size and weight and has been healthy because he does not look to scramble….he always has his eyes downfield and knows where the defensive weak spots are. Take the time to watch as many videos as you can, I assure you our coaching staff has and according to Scott F, it took him and Frank “less than 5 seconds” to both agree on who the pick was going to be.

Edited by WarPanthers89