• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Friday Draft Discussion

Zod

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah. I would rather we suck on defense then getting our #1 overall pick killed. the chiefs invest heavily in the oline year after year after year. Both our guards had pretty serious injuries to end the year. I like Cade mays a lot but drafting another guard or tackle would be wise.

We're also supposed to have a super smart DC who can do more with less, so yeah...

20 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

im not too familiar with 3-4 and who would fit better to have a guy slide to a better role. 

but in terms of talent Branch and Sanders are just great players that will find a way on the field and contribute no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't have a preference. Greene and Lathon were fun in the 3-4 in the Capers' years but Peppers, Beason, Davis, etc were fun in the 4-3 too.

3-4 vs 4-3 Is about your front seven. Once you get back to the secondary I don't know that it's makes any huge difference.

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

I do not think a WR left brings anything to the table we do not already have. 

OG - few guys out there that can be long term players and I wouldnt be upset if we took, but we also like our Gs. I do no think we should draft just because someone might not be ready to start the year. 

Multiple analysts have indicated that overall this year's wide receiver class is nothing special.

I'm always on board with reinforcing the front though.

47 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Brian Branch and Michael Mayer are the best players left and clearly have a talent gap above the rest of the players remaining, you could probably throw Joey Porter Jr. in there as well

Naturally they all probably go picks 1 2 and 3 tonight

If however one of them is there at 39 that would be my pick no hesitation. 

If none of those guys fall I want us to trade down a few spots. 

Tepper kind of tipped our hand last night basically saying we were targeting defense with the pick and we have a glaring hole at edge and Fitty has said multiple times they are targeting it and even considered trading back up for one (god I wish we could have gotten Nolan Smith)

So that being said I think we end up with BJ Ojulari at 39 

I'd add Ojulari in the mix there

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

3-4 vs 4-3 Is about your front seven. Once you get back to the secondary I don't know that it's makes any huge difference.

I know. And it probably doesn't matter as much these days as it did years ago since teams are trying to disguise things to confuse the QB for a few more seconds than they did in the past.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple analysts have indicated that overall this year's wide receiver class is nothing special.

I'm always on board with reinforcing the front though.

That's why if the Panthers decide to go pass catcher, they should be open to taking a TE if one is better than available WRs.

Building the Oline though, yeah, they need to invest picks in it every year.

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That's why if the Panthers decide to go pass catcher, they should be open to taking a TE if one is better than available WRs.

Building the Oline though, yeah, they need to invest picks in it every year.

Even before things played out the way they did, Kaye was of the opinion that the team taking a tight end with their second round pick wasn't likely.

It's a deep class though so they could still get a good guy later.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even before things played out the way they did, Kaye was of the opinion that the team taking a tight end with their second round pick wasn't likely.

It's a deep class though so they could still get a good guy later.

I still think Fitt will try to trade down from 39 at least a few spots to pick up another pick or two.