• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schedule being released May 11

hepcat

Pretty sure that 4 of the last 6 games will be against NFC South.  Maybe even 5 of the last 6.  I'm okay with this.

I think the Seattle game will be after our Bye, and we'll play the Texans Thurs night before the Bye for an easy National slot
I can see the Indy/Bears games at the beginning of the season due to the coach and DJ Moore storylines.

• 1 - Indianapolis (Home) 
  • 2 - Bears (Away)  
  • 3 - Packers (Home) 
  • 4 - Nashville (Away) 
  • 5 - Jaguars (Away) 
  • 6 -  Falcons (Home) 
  • 7 -  Saints (Away) 
  • 8 - Vikings (Home) 
  • 9 - Houston (Home) Thur Night Game 
  • 10 - BYE
  • 11- Seattle (Away) 
  • 12 - Detroit (Away)
  • 13 - Cowboys (Home) 
  • 14 - Tampa (Home) 
  • 15- Dolphins (Away) 
  • 16 - Atlanta (Away) 
  • 17 - New Orleans (Home) 
  • 18 - Tampa (Away) 

14 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Wouldn’t sleep on Carr. He is still and probably will be a better QB than Young this season. Hope people around here don’t look dumb expecting Young to do more than just not suck. He’ll need time.

Falcons are going to be playing old school football until they get their bigger pieces ala Titans lite. But in division, so I see those as close games. It’s time for the Bucs to pay up for their success, they’re insignificant.

While I agree on Carr and think the Saints are the team to beat in the division going into the season.

Young shouldn't need much time to play well, if he does, that would be a bit concerning.  That was kinda the selling point on him, that his mental grasp of the game was on a level not seen before and he was plug and play right away.

Yea, he'll have to adjust to the speed of the game, but again, if he's so far ahead mentally than any recent prospect, he should adapt just fine seeing as a number of QB's have had great rookie seasons in the past decade or so.  As everyone said, everything else the same about him, if he's 6'2" 215 lbs, he's such a clear cut #1 prospect that the Bears trade Fields and draft him instead, the questions were always about his size.

Sure you can point to a rookie year with Lawrence where he struggled, but the Urban regime was a mess and he had even worse weapons than Bryce will have this year with us and he has a more than competent coaching staff. 

I do think many here are expecting him to be a Pro Bowler as a rookie, and that's a bit lofty, but he really shouldn't take too much time to play well.

6 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Pretty sure that 4 of the last 6 games will be against NFC South.  Maybe even 5 of the last 6.  I'm okay with this.

I think the Seattle game will be after our Bye, and we'll play the Texans Thurs night before the Bye for an easy National slot
I can see the Indy/Bears games at the beginning of the season due to the coach and DJ Moore storylines.

• 2 - Bears (Away)  
  • 3 - Packers (Home) 
  • 4 - Nashville (Away) 
  • 5 - Jaguars (Away) 
  • 6 -  Falcons (Home) 
  • 7 -  Saints (Away) 
  • 8 - Vikings (Home) 
  • 10 - BYE
  • 11- Seattle (Away) 
  • 12 - Detroit (Away)
  • 13 - Cowboys (Home) 
  • 14 - Tampa (Home) 
  • 15- Dolphins (Away) 
  • 16 - Atlanta (Away) 
  • 18 - Tampa (Away) 

Didn't realize we play the Bears this year, I guess there is an interesting story there as well and could see that being a Week 1 matchup, but I still think the Texans are the most likely week 1 game.

As I said earlier, I can't see the Colts playing either us or the Texans in week 1, they want to get those rookie QB matchups and AR has a much lower chance of starting week 1 than Bryce or Stroud who should both step right in and start Week 1.

I'm both rooting for and against playing the Lions on Thanksgiving.  I'm a Detroiter who is an Arizona alum with almost all my friends being Spartans, and Arizona-MSU play on Thanksgiving day this year already.  If we played the Lions that same day, there is a chance friendships could get ruined if one side won both games hahaha.  But man that would be a really fun day for my friends and I if we got those games back to back (both games are on the same channel I think).

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

• 2 - Bears (Away)  
  • 3 - Packers (Home) 
  • 4 - Nashville (Away) 
  • 5 - Jaguars (Away) 
  • 6 -  Falcons (Home) 
  • 7 -  Saints (Away) 
  • 8 - Vikings (Home) 
  • 10 - BYE
  • 11- Seattle (Away) 
  • 12 - Detroit (Away)
  • 13 - Cowboys (Home) 
  • 14 - Tampa (Home) 
  • 15- Dolphins (Away) 
  • 16 - Atlanta (Away) 
  • 18 - Tampa (Away) 

I think TNF should be mandated to be schedules after team byes, I'm sure they could figure it out schedule wise

22 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Wouldn’t sleep on Carr. He is still and probably will be a better QB than Young this season. Hope people around here don’t look dumb expecting Young to do more than just not suck. He’ll need time.

Falcons are going to be playing old school football until they get their bigger pieces ala Titans lite. But in division, so I see those as close games. It’s time for the Bucs to pay up for their success, they’re insignificant.

Wait so why did everyone hype this coaching staff all offseason?

Im expecting a better record then last year. We got rid of Wilks for a better coach. It would be foolish to set the bar lower with Frank. This division is not some juggernaut. Winning the division is very much realistic.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im expecting a better record then last year. We got rid of Wilks for a better coach. It would be foolish to set the bar lower with Frank. This division is not some juggernaut. Winning the division is very much realistic.

The record this year isn't an indication of whether Reich is better or not than Wilkes.  We have no idea and will never know how Wilkes would do with this upcoming season

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Don't start that Wilks nonsense again

12 hours ago, hepcat said:

How many (if any) prime time games does this team get? I’m thinking for the first time since 2018 the Panthers will have a MNF game and probably play the Saints

they like Young a lot. they'll get him a couple prime time games.

Can't wait to hear the Jax game date so I can confirm I can go with the Riot. Last game I was at home or away was at Bucs in 2018, covid and the team sucking put a dent in some plans the last few years. Hoping to make it to 2-3+ games this year

11 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Saints are the only real threat. Bucs are going to implode and the Falcons roster will win 5 games max. If the Saints get something going with Carr they could be in the 8-9 win range.

Falcons won 7 games last year with a worse roster, no way they win 5 games max and if Carr is good Saints could be a 9-10 win team. Saints roster is old though. 

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1

Saw someone on twitter tweet some pic that schedule had leaked, dont really believe it, but they had Houston, @Chi, @TEN, vs TB as the first month. Week 9 bye, which would be great. It ended the season in NO which gave it validity to me cause it seems we always do.

Saved it on my phone to see the accuracy.  🤣

18 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Saw someone on twitter tweet some pic that schedule had leaked, dont really believe it, but they had Houston, @Chi, @TEN, vs TB as the first month. Week 9 bye, which would be great. It ended the season in NO which gave it validity to me cause it seems we always do.

Saved it on my phone to see the accuracy.  🤣

Wouldn't hate it.  Chicago and Nashville in September are delightful.

Hopefully, the game in Atlanta isn’t too late in the season. Probably will hit up New Orleans and see the saints game as well. Always fun going down there, talking some trash. With us sweeping them last year, I’ve got some bragging rights. 

15 hours ago, jfra78 said:

The record this year isn't an indication of whether Reich is better or not than Wilkes.  We have no idea and will never know how Wilkes would do with this upcoming season

Frank has to win games man. We had Wilks and let him go for a better coach and we improved the team. Im sorry but he has to win more games. Wilks had a winning record and a average QB.