• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed. I just want the kid to get a fair shot at playing before we judge him. People calling him a bust is unfair until we actually see him play games.

San Fransico is literally the perfect place for both Purdy and Lance. The coaches seem to think Purdy is the better QB so far. That could change down the line but you never know with injuries and stuff like that.

I thought Darnold would be opening day starter honestly. But Purdy seems to be ahead of schedule.

They traded a TON to go up and get him. You really don't think they've given him every opportunity? I think he probably just sucks and he's fragile to boot. At least the guy made life changing money for himself and his family.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They traded a TON to go up and get him. You really don't think they've given him every opportunity? I think he probably just sucks and he's fragile to boot. At least the guy made life changing money for himself and his family.

I wanted to draft him and thought he had "it" factor. Now it seems he will be out of the league once his contract is done.

scarey part o0f this whole trading picks for him, is that 49er roster maybe the best in the NFL. think about if that had not wasted those picks and a few more A+ players on rookies deals...

I could coach their defense.  

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I wanted to draft him and thought he had "it" factor. Now it seems he will be out of the league once his contract is done.

scarey part o0f this whole trading picks for him, is that 49er roster maybe the best in the NFL. think about if that had not wasted those picks and a few more A+ players on rookies deals...

I could coach their defense.  

I was terrified of a small school QB with only one year of starting experience. When he looked terrible throwing the ball in his one game before COVID shutdown his final season I was pretty much all the way out on him, at least as a high 1st rounder. If he fell, sure at some point in the draft his talent would've been well worth the smaller risk. Trading up to take him high in the 1st though? I always thought that was a reckless gamble.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How do you get opportunity when you can't stay healthy?

This seems like a kid who just can't stay healthy. Kind of hard to prove yourself when you in rehab most of the time. 

He may indeed just suck like you said. I just want to see him on the field before I actually write him off. 

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How do you get opportunity when you can't stay healthy?

This seems like a kid who just can't stay healthy. Kind of hard to prove yourself when you in rehab most of the time. 

He may indeed just suck like you said. I just want to see him on the field before I actually write him off. 

You ever play?

You have to be able to beat the guy in front of you in practice, before you get to play in the games.  You may need to see him "prove" it on the field, but the coaches don't.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You ever play?

You have to be able to beat the guy in front of you in practice, before you get to play in the games.  You may need to see him "prove" it on the field, but the coaches don't.

It's never been the injuries.

The whispers that he hasn't been able to pick up the offense have been around forever. And despite denials from the 49ers, they haven't gone away. If anything, they've gotten louder.

I've said before that Lance is an example of why the whole "take the athlete and coach him to be a quarterback" approach isn't a safe practice. In this case, it looks like it's turning out to be a massive error.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's never been the injuries.

The whispers that he hasn't been able to pick up the offense have been around forever. And despite denials from the 49ers, they haven't gone away. If anything, they've gotten louder.

I've said before that Lance is an example of why the whole "take the athlete and coach him to be a quarterback" approach isn't a safe practice. In this case, it looks like it's turning out to be a massive error.

Yup.  I think in years past, that could, and would work, but not in todays NFL.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Yup.  I think in years past, that could, and would work, but not in todays NFL.

It can if they've already shown some actual quarterbacking ability and at least a collegiate level of brain power, but this idea that you can just take a raw athlete and train him to have pro level quarterbacking skills (accuracy, especially) is bound to fail way more often than it works.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It can if they've already shown some actual quarterbacking ability and at least a collegiate level of brain power, but this idea that you can just take a raw athlete and train him to have pro level quarterbacking skills (accuracy, especially) is bound to fail way more often than it works.

I always liked Parcell's vision of what he wanted from a college QB, need to look it up, but I think it was something like, start 30 games, win 20, pass for 60%, etc, etc, etc...

I'll see if I can find it, but typically the guys that do what he said he wanted seemed to have a good chance at long term success, at least in the 80's, 90's and 2000's.

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Numbers only tell part of the story everyone with eyes saw him throw a check down behind the line of scrimmage with a playoff game on the line. No one with any self respect or awareness would compare that to Joe Burrow except talking head bros looking for clicks. He isn't without talent but his playoff rep is what it is.