• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Mingo

Verge

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I agree.    I'm not sure why he was traded or why we didn't use him more.  We saw some impressive play from him and he clearly has had success downfield.  He was our highest pff rated player on O last year. 

We are missing something.

First let's try and remember who was running the show last year. No way we got an honest look at Shanault. 

We have a new staff in town. Let's see how this year goes. Then we can start to assign blame. 

It's not just the Huddle. People in general are quick to assign blame. I guess we are all too busy to do the work needed to make sound judgements.

The folks running the show seem to be making mostly sound decisions right now. Fingers crossed that trend continues.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Verge said:

He was born on 4/20 btw

This is also my wife's birthday.  She always hated that she shares it with a certain infamous someone, at least now she can claim she shares it with a future Panther legend

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, people forget but Mahomes really wasn't considered all that hot of a prospect coming out of college. Intriguing talent but the Texas Tech air raid offense kinda scared folks. Those types of offenses just hadn't been producing successful NFL QBs historically.

If any of y'all followed MarxistPanther on twitter back in the day I specifically remember him saying Mahomes was the best QB he had ever scouted. And it seemed like a wild thing to say about the time but he was obviously right. He knew ball unlike anyone else I've ever seen

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

fug you are an fricking idiot. You can't read, and you make assumptions.  There really isn't any reason talking to an idiot of your qualifications,  as you don't know your head from your ass. 

I never said our front office was perfect. I never even claimed they were any good. 

I defended their picks, because they got guys off their board at values they deem good. 

Doesn't matter what you, me, or ANYBODY thinks 2 weeks after the draft. 

You don't like their picks. Welcome to the club.  This team has never picked guys I wanted with very few exceptions.  

I thought about leaving the first paragraph off, but you're so wrong about me, I can't believe you post the poo you post. 

Damn you are angry person. It’s funny that you pretty much always tow the company line. Of course, you [insert whatever insult would piss you off the most] they got guys off their board. Every team does. Defending a team because they picked guys on their board is about as silly as you can get. I didn’t even say I didn’t like the players just that I think we didn’t get the value and lost picks again.

Again, IDGAF what you think. This is a message board where we can discuss whatever we want and unfortunately for you, we’ll keep doing it. Bye and good luck with your anger issues.

45 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Damn you are angry person. It’s funny that you pretty much always tow the company line. Of course, you [insert whatever insult would piss you off the most] they got guys off their board. Every team does. Defending a team because they picked guys on their board is about as silly as you can get. I didn’t even say I didn’t like the players just that I think we didn’t get the value and lost picks again.

Again, IDGAF what you think. This is a message board where we can discuss whatever we want and unfortunately for you, we’ll keep doing it. Bye and good luck with your anger issues.

You didn’t have the picks at the time and don’t get to nit pick after the fact.  Add to this you could be completely wrong anyway.  If you didn’t like the pick fine.  Move on but stop redrafting after the fact thinking you are some genius.  

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

You didn’t have the picks at the time and don’t get to nit pick after the fact.  Add to this you could be completely wrong anyway.  If you didn’t like the pick fine.  Move on but stop redrafting after the fact thinking you are some genius.  

Who redrafted and who cares? What, we can’t comment that we think Fitterer panicked a bit on Johnson like we did with Corral last year?

Man, some of you guys are way too sensitive. It’s a message board about the Panthers. If you disagree with my take or others why don’t you respond to what we say. The whole move on, tell us what we should think or do is stupid. 

Our own media, Joe Person, guessed the entire draft just with better value. Sure seems like we didn’t do a good job of keeping our interest hidden and maybe we panicked. Is that OK for you to hear? Seriously weird responses that you guys get so upset when people want to discuss their thoughts. Heck, my first post was agreeing with someone else that I didn’t think we got the best value. We didn’t complain about the players picked just whether we could have waited or traded back because guess what, we aren’t a deep/talented team yet and throwing away picks on Darnold, Baker, CJ, Corral and now Johnson isn’t in our best interest. Genius out, see ya!

10 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I wanna see lots of this.  Brents went 44th overall. 

Damn Brents looked slow. Mingo isn’t a burner 4.3 guy and Brents didn’t close an inch. Looked at the combine, yep not a fast CB and it shows. Had good agility skills but if the WR gets separation, it’s over.

13 hours ago, Shocker said:

There are folks on this here site who prefer the draft to actual football. They can argue past drafts, recite value charts from memory, and just know they can build a better team.

We've got draft nerds, we've got Tankers, we even got a few Cap Gurus. I love this place.

6 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

There are folks on this here site who prefer the draft to actual football. They can argue past drafts, recite value charts from memory, and just know they can build a better team.

We've got draft nerds, we've got Tankers, we even got a few Cap Gurus. I love this place.

I am actually very interested in the draft…probably nerd level.  Not more than games but the draft is fun stuff IMO.  Don’t care for people complaining post draft that we could’ve picked this or that and the guys we picked would have been there a round later.  That’s nonsense.  DJ Johnson was probably taken early but a DE went off he board like 5 picks later and that guy isn’t very good.  We needed one and made a move.  Such is the draft.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2