• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers mini camp (Saturday)

I will say, I hate how the Panthers coverage is so limited and zoomed in or zoomed out.

I just saw a video of Will Levis in 7 on 7 making a sick game-like throw with a defender involved. Great camera angle and actual game speed.

I wanna say Bryce rip it.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I will say, I hate how the Panthers coverage is so limited and zoomed in or zoomed out.

I just saw a video of Will Levis in 7 on 7 making a sick game-like throw with a defender involved. Great camera angle and actual game speed.

I wanna say Bryce rip it.

Yeah, Panthers coverage has generally sucked for a while now. Across 3 different HC’s and 2 owners.

I don’t get it.

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• The Panthers Huddle is usually just propaganda …this one was actually good im feeling good about the Morgan and Canales marriage  the proof is ‘in the pudding’ however  …and have to remember a first time head coach and players who have never played together before but they can’t possibly be worse than last year  the wild card to all this,  too,  is Young  I wish I felt better about him but I don’t  Morgan says he wants ‘dawgs’ not ‘dogs’ I.e. pit bulls vs poodles…I see young as the latter, not the former  Regardless, life is full of surprises…maybe he is a lot more than I see.  I’m not a scout or coach 
    • There are a lot of moving parts to this type of questions and way too many variables to consider to really predict how the outcome would have been any different in 2023 with Dalton starting more than just one game.  But instead of focusing on that Seattle game, another game, and the game following it, are more intriguing to me.   Week 16 vs Green Bay.  Young had the best game of his rookie season.  23/36 (64%) for 312 with 2 TD and no INT.  Thielen (6/94), Chark (6/98) and Tremble (4/59) all had huge plays in the passing game. The running game was a different story.  Hubbard (16/43) and Sanders (3/3) combined for just 46 yards rushing.  Mays was starting at LG and Jensen at RG.  The offensive line was able to protect Young just enough to keep the Panthers in the game until the very end.  But this wasn't because they were playing at a high level, rather the Packers defense played horrible this game. But this horrible defensive effort by the Packers allowed us to see what could be possible if Young had time to process and throw. Fast forward to Week 17 vs Jacksonville.  The offense was shut out and the offensive line allowed 6 sacks and 8 more QH's.   If you go back and watch these games back to back, the line play if very noticeable.  When Young had time in process and move, he was spot on.  When the line collapsed, like most QBs, he was ineffective. When you draft a QB 1st overall in the draft, especially if you trade up to do so, you hope to get a QB that can make plays despite the struggles around him.  Think Newton his rookie year.  Should the Panthers have traded up in the 2023 draft to the 1st overall and should they have drafted Young at that spot? My opinion is no to the first question and no QB in 2023 was worth trading up to take in the top 10.  Neither Stroud, Richardson or Levis would have been worth it.   But none of them would have fared any better than Young either with the Panthers, in my opinion.  Stroud had a good season in Houston but he didn't have a Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson season.  He needed slightly above average talent in one of the worst divisions to make the playoffs. He had the season we were hoping for in Carolina but wasn't going to get with Young or Stroud. Now, I'm not trying to put Young up on a pedestal here.  There are a lot of questions that still surround him and his ability to be QB1 on the Panthers in the future.  But the issue last year wasn't just the play at the QB position.  And really, I don't think the WR issues were as much as people make them out to be.  The real issue on this offense was the line and the running game.  If your line can't get a push to run the ball or pass block to pass the ball, you have no offense.   Start Young. Start Dalton.  Draft Stroud, Richardson or Levis.  Kidnap Mahomes.  Doesn't matter, I think the end result would have been the same. 
    • If there’s any year to be aggressive with it, it’s this one.