• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If you really believe LaMelo will resign here you are dreaming.  Scoot is the best player available period.  Miller just flat out takes games off.  The NBA is way more grueling in terms of games and like I said Miller just disappears for long stretches.  He has some serious red flags IMO

You do realize the mocks have him as the #2 prospect on the board?

I understand you don't like what happened off the court, but his talent can't be questioned he's 6'9 and can create for others or himself and he can shoot the lights out. He's the modern day wing you need in today's NBA.

Scoot is rim attacking guard who can't shoot. You can't pair him with LaMelo. Also Lamelo is not passing up his first big contract. Players always take the money. Look at Zion people thought he would leave New Orleans he took the money first chance he got.

28 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Scoot is crazy explosive and hits the hole hard. Only downside I hear about him is he can't shoot. I feel like he is the better pick but Miller would be the best fit for the team. Honestly, Scoot looks like HOF Point Guard. Hard to pass on him in my opinion.  I feel like we can get a shooter in free agency.

Bro he's averaging 16 points a game. Where is this hype coming from?

Yall fall in love with flashy dunkers. This game is about making shots. Can you shoot or not?

Scoot needs the ball and Melo does as well. Do the right thing and take Miller he actually fits with Melo and he can shoot.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I can’t get on board with Bridges. If the Hornets do it that’s on them, but I won’t be excited about that move. Miller and Melo could be great and Williams looks legit. Oubre is a nice role player, PJ is solid we have some young players in Kai Jones and Bouknight that can get better. I’m tell you we just need a legit coach and maybe a solid vet or two. 

How about a new owner? That might bring some excitement.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He actually played his best basketball during that media blowup. That's when he sold me on his game.

He had a groin injury in the tourny which is why his stats dipped. When healthy this kid has a game he can shoot the 3 and create for others. He's reminds me of Paul George/KD.

I’m not worried about his talent. Honestly, I’d draft Miller over Wemby. Wemby to me is Chet Holmgren, without the competition. I don’t think he’s built for the NBA  

Ja Morant is more talented than Miller, and Ja can’t get out of his own (or his boys’) way. That’s my worry with Miller. I hope we draft him and he proves me wrong. 

Edited by JVic

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just for shits and giggles.. Kupchak turned the 13th pick in last years draft into a bottom four pick in the first round of this years draft.

Not sure I’ll ever get over that. Just mind boggling. Called it when it happened nothing to do with hindsight.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro he's averaging 16 points a game. Where is this hype coming from?

Yall fall in love with flashy dunkers. This game is about making shots. Can you shoot or not?

Scoot needs the ball and Melo does as well. Do the right thing and take Miller he actually fits with Melo and he can shoot.

This^^^

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Fuggin amazing news to get the second pick…that said the NBA was never letting us get #1.  Shades of the Shaq draft and almost feels empty to me personally.

We need to pick Scoot Henderson or this will be huge swing and miss.  Miller just doesn’t have that dog mentality IMO

finally someone here with some sense. scoot and melo can play together fine. Terry will be a good mentor as well(although we need to find a trade partner for him near the deadline)

It’s not even close..

6’9 players who can create and shoot are hard to find and a great fit when you have a 6’8 all star pg already..  

This type of scorers with this type of length at this age is a franchise changer..

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I will say if Scoot’s and Wemby’s showdown didn’t happen so early then Scoot is the pick no questions asked. He played one of if not his best game early on and then his shot started to go down hill. 27% from three is hard to overlook.

At the end of the day I’ll be okay with either Scoot or Miller but I’m glad I don’t have to make the call.

its not like scoot has been playing his whole career with an NBA 3 point line. Saying he cant shoot after one G league season at age 18 is just wild to me.