• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would be shocked if Shai is available.

He was initially  about a year ago! Well when they kept getting younger, it was mentioned a bunch. I'd be shocked too but with a prospect hot name like Scoot... with Williams Giddy n Chet on the docket... itd be worth the shot. PJ(sign), Terry n 2  for Shai and 14. Depends on if Okc thinks they can win now. Giddy is a guy that could definitely  dominate the ball. 

• Pie 1

Should know more after today since Miller is working out for Charlotte today. Ton of trade rumors right now. Going price for the 3rd with Portland is a superstar player plus taking contracts back. Word is Ingram is on the table in their trade talks or buckets of future draft picks. 

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Should know more after today since Miller is working out for Charlotte today. Ton of trade rumors right now. Going price for the 3rd with Portland is a superstar player plus taking contracts back. Word is Ingram is on the table in their trade talks or buckets of future draft picks. 

Honestly I would take Ingram for the #2 pick.

Yeah he is injury prone, but I would take a gamble on this kid he is a 26ppg kind of scorer. He becomes our go to guy from day 1. This team needs talent in the worst way. 

If the reports of us favoring Miller are true I also wouldn't be shocked if we traded back a spot in a 3 team deal and we get something extra like a young player and draft picks.

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Portland is thinking too highly of the number 3 pick if true.  Delusional more like it

3 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

1. Draft Scoot

2. Trade no.2 for Zion

3. Draft Miller

really hope we don't go with option three... they have seen them both work out, probably deciding over the next few days who they are zeroing in on. Not drafting scoot with haunt this franchise for DECADES

Im on the Zion train #1.

The more I think about it if somehow he changed his ways we literally changed our franchise overnight.

It's a gamble im willing to take. Charlotte has never had a generational talent like Zion.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im on the Zion train #1.

The more I think about it if somehow he changed his ways we literally changed our franchise overnight.

It's a gamble im willing to take. Charlotte has never had a generational talent like Zion.

At absolute best it would be a 50/50 gamble. Not only would he need to pull a complete 180 in his career habits to this point. Physically he would have to maintain himself better and slim down and then you are hinging your hopes on those knees holding up. When you factor in everything really I think you're looking at a 35-40% chance acquiring him works out completely in your favor.

I could get myself excited about the possibilities of Zion here based on his sheer talent. But I would also be reminded of this "franchise player just needs a change of scenery and we are contenders" approach not going well for the Hornets sibling franchise the Panthers who have since changed course. You also have to add in the context that this potential move is following the spectacular failures consecutively of big swings on Nic Batum and Gordon Hayward. I really don't think the city and the team can sustain much more of this without some very difficult times and choices looming on the horizon.

Think coming back home would do Zion well. Spartanburg is only an hour away from Charlotte so he’d be near family and not terribly far from his alma mater. I think it would be the situation and also the awakening that Zion needs.

Hornets Receive - Zion and the 14th overall pick

Pelican Receive - Hayward and the 2nd overall pick

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Umm you have to match salaries champ.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Only way to get a deal done cause salaries have to match.

Let's get it done. I can't wait to see the flip flop when ya'll are begging for someone to take Zion.