• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

This really has become the Young vs Stroud redux.

Give me either Scoot or Miller and keep building around LaMelo.

Yeah it looks to be playing out the same way.

The fanbase wants Scoot, but the mocks have us taking Miller.

Stroud/Scoot vs Young/Miller

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Update

Woj just reported on ESPN that we can pencil in Brandon Miller as the #2 pick.

Woj and the other draft insider both said we are leaning Miller even though Scoot workout was better.

saw that we are bringing in both scoot and miller for a sit down with MJ on Monday... If that's the case I like scoots odds. I hope this is MJs parting gift. you still team Miller?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Update

Woj just reported on ESPN that we can pencil in Brandon Miller as the #2 pick.

Woj and the other draft insider both said we are leaning Miller even though Scoot workout was better.

Draft Miller and sign a vet like Seth Curry for depth would be a nice start IMO.  If we draft Scoot we should look at trading Rozier, because Scoot, Rozier, and Melo is one too many PGs even if you play one at SG....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm starting to think MJ is having cold feet about selling the team. Scoot and Miller both have upside to become all stars and the trade calls may be deeper than we know. Regardless  of what we do, I'd think we would be a better team next year. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

saw that we are bringing in both scoot and miller for a sit down with MJ on Monday... If that's the case I like scoots odds. I hope this is MJs parting gift. you still team Miller?

Yep I still favor Miller, but I wouldn't be mad with Scoot either.

Basically feel the same way I did with Young/Stroud. I just think Miller will bring more to the table on this roster. Scoot I feel will not reach his full potential here sharing the ball with Melo.

Scoot needs the keys to run the team. That simply is not going to happen with Melo also on the team. If we do draft Scoot I think eventually Melo will be traded.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Draft Miller and sign a vet like Seth Curry for depth would be a nice start IMO.  If we draft Scoot we should look at trading Rozier, because Scoot, Rozier, and Melo is one too many PGs even if you play one at SG....

I agree.

Melo/Seth/Miller/Bridges/Mark is a nice lineup with shooting and 2 athletic lob threats in Bridges and Mark.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

I'm starting to think MJ is having cold feet about selling the team. Scoot and Miller both have upside to become all stars and the trade calls may be deeper than we know. Regardless  of what we do, I'd think we would be a better team next year. 

Yeah kind of suspicious he hasn't sold the team yet.

If we hit on Miller or Scoot he may just keep his majority ownership stake.lol

• Pie 1