• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, Cam Lawter said:

We already discussed this. Police cleared him I'm cool with it but showing up everywhere with a disclaimer is fuging wild if all he did was return his friend's gun to him lol.  That kind of mentality is "Loose Lips Sink Ships".

Why should he speak if he was not charged with anything?

Also his lawyers are advising him not to speak.

*Btw if you like questioning and judging people maybe you should do some jury duty.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not sure people realize the reason you hire a lawyer is for them to speak and represent you on your behalf. 

Speaking on a open case is just flat out a big "no no".

If people want answers then wait till after the trial.

Exactly!  Any legal questions about the case should be directed at his legal team.  He told his version of the story to the police and I'm sure they can have access if teams want it.  No one close to the case should be openly talking about it.  The defendant's lawyers will be going through anything he says with a fine-toothed comb.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why should he speak if he was not charged with anything?

Also his lawyers are advising him not to speak.

*Btw if you like questioning and judging people maybe you should do some jury duty.

Because a team is committing millions of dollars in resources and money to him. The fact that he has a gag order on himself speaks volumes imo. His legal team must be concerned about something. 

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Because a team is committing millions of dollars in resources and money to him. The fact that he has a gag order on himself speaks volumes imo. His legal team must be concerned about something. 

They are concerned about a legal counsel trying to use anything he says against him.  Someone is getting the death penalty and they are going to do everything possible to avoid it.  The police and DA both said there was nothing to charge him with.  He gave his testimony to them and his legal counsel has access to it.  If a team wants it all they have to do is ask them.  Talking about it in general is just a bad idea from a legal standpoint.  One misspoken word can really shake things up.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So how much longer do we have to talk about it?

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Also what is talking about it going to do for the lady who lost her life?

I guess if the person isn't your sister or loved one it's easy to just not have to talk about it. But this isn't some average Joe he's about to be set for life if he manages his money correctly. I don't see why it should bother you or anyone else to see it discussed. But okay 👍

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

If we have concerns then we will just pick Scoot.

Im talking about him from a basketball standpoint. There was a guy who said he has something on his background that should be a concern. If true then I have no doubt Scoot will be the pick.

Im just glad these rumors all end tomorrow. I don't know who to believe anymore. 

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I guess if the person isn't your sister or loved one it's easy to just not have to talk about it. But this isn't some average Joe he's about to be set for life if he manages his money correctly. I don't see why it should bother you or anyone else to see it discussed. But okay 👍

If it was my family no I wouldn't want to talk about it. I would want the coward who shot them behind bars. 

Again I ask what does talking solve?

I’m already huffing the copium. The collective fan base has been right way more than the front office when it comes to the draft. 

I hope Miller pans out and a 6-9 dude who can’t drive or post up is the correct choice. It’s going to be unsettling if Scoot turns into a D-Rose or Westbrook. You can win a a lot of games with elite athletic guards who aren’t elite shooters. 

14 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m already huffing the copium. The collective fan base has been right way more than the front office when it comes to the draft. 

I hope Miller pans out and a 6-9 dude who can’t drive or post up is the correct choice. It’s going to be unsettling if Scoot turns into a D-Rose or Westbrook. You can win a a lot of games with elite athletic guards who aren’t elite shooters. 

Drose and Westbrook have 0 championships combined.

I get the love affair with Scoot. He's more exciting. I just hope we also getting a winning player and not just some guy to sell tickets.

It's a huge plus to me than Scoot is already working out with a future HoF PG in Curry.  Helps him see what it takes to be great at the next level.

https://www.si.com/nba/warriors/news/watch-steph-curry-trains-with-scoot-henderson

I'm kind of leaning Scoot at this point.  Let's get our backcourt set and use our other picks to move up or trade for some vet players.  

If you draft Scoot, how do you fix the defense and outside shooting for the team? One of the worst teams defensively and the worst outside shooting team in the NBA. 

Today's NBA, you need to be able to switch and shoot the 3. Explain how it works with Lamelo and scoot defensively and how scoot improves the shooting when he won't have the ball. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If you draft Scoot, how do you fix the defense and outside shooting for the team? One of the worst teams defensively and the worst outside shooting team in the NBA. 

Today's NBA, you need to be able to switch and shoot the 3. Explain how it works with Lamelo and scoot defensively and how scoot improves the shooting when he won't have the ball. 

Offensively they could work well together.

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/nba-draft-2023/can-lamelo-ball-scoot-henderson-co-exist-in-the-same-backcourt

"Personally, I believe Henderson would fit in just fine with LaMelo. They can both share the rock and moving LaMelo off the ball here and there will lead to more catch-and-shoot situations, which is something he really hasn't been able to do a lot of in his first three seasons with the club. Henderson's elite athleticism and ability to get to the rim compensate for Melo's inability to consistently finish at the basket. And on the other hand, Ball's shooting efficiency makes up for Henderson's shot-making which is still a work in progress. Ball is an unselfish player. He doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Neither does Scoot. They complement each other well, so if it comes down to picking the best player, Henderson will likely be the pick"

• Pie 1