• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Y’all are insufferable

Nobody playing hockey at the end of May sucks. This team is great. We're in the ECF with guys who shouldn't even be on NHL icd at this point in their careers, let alone in the NHL playoffs.

We have got to find scoring. I thought we were set when we got so many looks in the first period, but Florida is deceptively scrappy. They're playing with house money and it shows. 

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

This team is in the ECF missing top talent. So what we are down 0-2!  Tired of hearing this team sucks. It doesn’t. Sure we need our big guns going. Aho needs to score. 

we don’t suck. We still have life. Relax and support this team. We are elite. 

But boss we are suffering from two losses at home so we be sufferable haha.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Oh no we aren’t unrealistically, annoyingly positive! 
We have to blindly follow the team and never crisis them!

You really are the worst. 

Nah I like his optimism and don’t care for fatalism. Realism is ok too. Sure it’s tough to pull this series out but let’s see what we can do game 3.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Oh no we aren’t unrealistically, annoyingly positive! 
We have to blindly follow the team and never crisis them!

You really are the worst. 

I still have no clue who you are because I never talk to you in here. But ok. You can be angry. All you want. We still have games to play and as long as we do, then we have a chance. Take a xanex. Read a book. Go for a run. Clean your big orange jeep….  I hope you find happiness vs selfishly stealing peoples positivity with your negativity. 

Also, someone told me this once. Imagine getting pissed off at people that run around with knives on their feet….

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We might not have this opportunity again next year and *checks notes*, just lost our 10th ECF game in a row and are on the verge of being swept in this round for the 3rd straight time. 

RBA and this core roster definitely seem to have a ceiling. Yeah some guys are injured but we always seem to have injuries to key players in the playoffs and it doesn’t stop us from looking good for a round or two before being outclassed in the finals. Its time to go all in and sign impact players who actually show up in the big games. If they aren’t going to do that then they just need to blow it up and start over. 

11 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Nah I like his optimism and don’t care for fatalism. Realism is ok too. Sure it’s tough to pull this series out but let’s see what we can do game 3.

Thing is he did this last year as well. Kept saying everything is fine when it wasn’t. I get trying to remain positive but I have always been a realist when it came to any sport I follow. The realist in me last year said we aren’t gonna beat the Rangers and I was right. 
Feel the same for the Panthers. Hope I am wrong. But that is how I feel. 

Through 11 periods of hockey, the Canes have played their brand of hockey for less than 3 of those. Game 1, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call it the first 2 periods. Games 2- they played just over half of the first period, when they put 20 shots on goal in the first 12 minutes, of Canes hockey. 

Otherwise, they played slow, tentative, cautious, and in survival mode. As a result of the inevitable mistake that will occur while playing like this, Carolina lost both games in OT on one, simple mistake. After making Tkachuk seemingly invisible, as soon as the Canes commit an error, there he is.

The Canes are not broken, they are facing a team who is playing better than they are right now. Bob is no better than Freddie or Raanta, he's just on a roll. The Florida blue line is terrible, but they're playing out of their mind. Same can be said for their PK- it sucked all season long, but decided to show up now. 

I don't think the Canes win another game this series. They got further than I expected and, just like most of us have said consistently for the last 4 years, they're still a piece or 2 from becoming a true Cup contender.