• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like Pesce may be traded this weekend. Brett’s dad is saying his goodbye’s on Twitter.

First dominoe in the EK trade and Tarasenko signings. If both still happen. 

Nashville is probably the landing spot based on rumors. With the canes getting back a first round pick to include in the EK trade. 

Drury plus first for EK at 35% retained.  Maybe a 2nd team in it to get it down even more. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Nashville is probably the landing spot based on rumors. With the canes getting back a first round pick to include in the EK trade. 

Drury plus first for EK at 35% retained.  Maybe a 2nd team in it to get it down even more. 

I’ve seen Nashville mentioned and a possible return being Fabbro and a first. Then both are flipped along with our first rounder to San Jose.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Nashville will probably allow him to still live in the triangle for at least part of the year. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

i really don't know ho to feel about EK. i get he's a 100 point defender, but does the blue line not get worse with him and no pesce.

Probably but not a whole lot. 

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - EK

Skjei/Chatfield - TDA (maybe no TDA if they pull of EK) unless Skjei agrees to be moved. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

i really don't know ho to feel about EK. i get he's a 100 point defender, but does the blue line not get worse with him and no pesce.

I don’t want to move either Pesce or Skjei. People are down on them but their defense is ungodly most nights. We don’t need an offensive D line cause that’s all we could get. 

People also forget we play man defense. Too many new people too it are going to cause major issues. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like Pesce may be traded this weekend. Brett’s dad is saying his goodbye’s on Twitter.

Yeah looks like a Pesce trade is going to happen. Have no idea what is going down but it better be worth it.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t want to move either Pesce or Skjei. People are down on them but their defense is ungodly most nights. We don’t need an offensive D line cause that’s all we could get. 

People also forget we play man defense. Too many new people too it are going to cause major issues. 

Don’t think it has anything to do with people being down on Pesce. From the Canes point of view it’s moving a player that you’d only get one more year out of and flipping the assets you get for him for a player that you get four more years out of.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don’t think it has anything to do with people being down on Pesce. From the Canes point of view it’s moving a player that you’d only get one more year out of and flipping the assets you get for him for a player that you get four more years out of.

If we got Aho done this year we could have done both Pesce and skjei next year with the extra. And we don’t have to retrain two-three-four new players who might struggle at man. And knowing Waddell he’s going to end up overpaying too, instead of players we already have that we could keep cheaper longer and gain more trade value. 

Edited by Harbingers

50 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I don’t want EK I’ll go on record but we aren’t going to be able to resign pesce I suppose i see the thought process. I jus have a feeling EK is going to be a net negative on our team

Orlov was Pesce’s replacement. EK would be for defensive goals.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If we got Aho done this year we could have done both Pesce and skjei next year with the extra. And we don’t have to retrain two-three-four new players who might struggle at man. And knowing Waddell he’s going to end up overpaying too, instead of players we already have that we could keep cheaper longer and gain more trade value. 

The issue isn’t the money, it’s the term.

With the way Pesce plays the Canes don’t feel comfortable giving him a seven or eight year deal which is what another team is going to give.

It also doesn’t matter when Aho gets done in regards to cap space. No matter when he extends it won’t affect the cap until next year.

There’s also no way we were keeping everyone with Aho, Necas, Jarvis, Pesce, and Skjei all needing new contracts and all getting raises. There’s just not enough money.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 1