• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals discussion thread

CamWhoaaCam

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s not going to be fired, it was reported back in April that he was expected to be back for the 23 season. Anyone expecting a coach other than Clifford for next season is sadly living on a prayer.

It depends if MJ sells the team. That could change quickly. Otherwise you're probably right.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He needs to hurry up if he’s gonna do it. I don’t want an owner that’s not infested running free agency.

Who are you expecting to sign in FA?

If we draft Scoot I wouldn't mind going after Kyle Kuzma. That gives our guards Scoot/Melo plenty of scoring options at the wing with Kuzma/Bridges. Williams can grab all the boards and be a lob threat. That's a young athletic squad who can put points on the board.

26 minutes ago, JVic said:

I don't think anyone is expecting Clifford to be fired.  But I also think that means there isn't anyone who is expecting us to be competitive either.  

I think we can be competitive from a pure talent perspective because we have some good players. Below is just a sample roster based off picking Henderson or Miller (Clifford probably wouldn’t start either).

G - Ball, Henderson

G - Rozier, Martin, Bouknight

F - Bridges, Hayward, McGowens

F - Washington, Thor, Jones

C - Williams, Richards

OR

G - Ball

G - Rozier, Martin, Bouknight

F - Bridges, Hayward, McGowens

F - Washington, Miller, Thor, Jones

C - Williams, Richards

Overall, both teams should be competitive from a talent perspective and after all we did finish the season 12-12 which over a a full season would put us around the 7th seed, but as long as Clifford is the coach we’ll be held back from reaching our true potential.

30 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who are you expecting to sign in FA?

If we draft Scoot I wouldn't mind going after Kyle Kuzma. That gives our guards Scoot/Melo plenty of scoring options at the wing with Kuzma/Bridges. Williams can grab all the boards and be a lob threat. That's a young athletic squad who can put points on the board.

Kuzma or Grant would be nice.

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im still shocked we haven't fired him. If we draft Scoot we need to play a much faster pace. Hiring someone like Dantoni would make a lot more sense than Clifford imo.

Never should have fired JB. Mj got all pissy and wanted to make HIS decision like always before realizing no one wants this fuging job.  JB isn't a great coach but Clifford was definitely  a big step back

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, toldozer said:

Never should have fired JB. Mj got all pissy and wanted to make HIS decision like always before realizing no one wants this fuging job.  JB isn't a great coach but Clifford was definitely  a big step back

Yeah im on board with the Scoot pick, but he's not going to reach his full potential playing for Clifford.

I think Dantoni is exactly what we need with these 2 electric guards Melo/Scoot. Fast pace and a lot of lobs.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah im on board with the Scoot pick, but he's not going to reach his full potential playing for Clifford.

I think Dantoni is exactly what we need with these 2 electric guards Melo/Scoot. Fast pace and a lot of lobs.

Several really good coaches got stupidly fired this year as well.  And instead of being aggressive and trying to get one we sit there with our thumb up our butt

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

So many walks.  

They don't call that anymore.  They just want scoring. Pivot foot,  smivot foot did they score? Great play. Traveling all over, cool did they score?  I blame LaBron.  They changed how they officiate partly because of him. .

30 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

They don't call that anymore.  They just want scoring. Pivot foot,  smivot foot did they score? Great play. Traveling all over, cool did they score?  I blame LaBron.  They changed how they officiate partly because of him. .

This. NBA is sooooo soft these days. Divas playing street ball basically. LeBron could be given the ball beyond the three point line at full speed, take three giant steps and lay it in. No one will touch him or it's a foul. At least in the Playoffs you see SOME defense ... but regular season NBA is a joke. Nothing but style and looking pretty for the fans and camera. Horrible. Bring back the 80s, man. The Bad Boys would drive James insane.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

It makes the NBA unwatchable IMO. I haven't actually watched a game in probably a decade but I'll occasionally watch a highlight and it seems like 90% of the time it'll be a comically blatant travel. The NBA has always been pretty liberal with the travel calls, but it's gotten to the point of absurdity. I wanna see somebody just straight up RB tuck the ball and take off just to see if they'll actually call it. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:37 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s not going to be fired, it was reported back in April that he was expected to be back for the 23 season. Anyone expecting a coach other than Clifford for next season is sadly living on a prayer.

He will probably be coaching until the team is sold.