• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Panthers tight end Tommy Tremble is enjoying clean slate with new coaching staff

vorbis

15 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

lol Delusional? How dramatic. 

If you wish to obsess over events that won't happen for almost 2 months, have at it. Me? I'm interested in things going on right now. 

After all the negativity the last few years. It's nice to have something optimistic to hang my hat on. And I sure as heck ain't gonna waste my excitement worrying about something that's 2 months down the line.

I am not gonna be drawn into repeatedly defending a perfectly reasonable thought, don’t twist words. I never said I was worried about a damned thing. I never said the team was gonna suck.
If you can’t wrap your homer mind around the intent or motivation behind the sentiment, don’t make it my problem. 

5 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Dunno. Don't care. Bowers will be a star. Just my opinion. I could be completely wrong.

That's my point.  If we can't find a single one over the course of the modern NFL, I'm not willing to bet on us getting the ONE.

You do you man, but that position is a job loser for GM's.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, thefuzz said:

That's my point.  If we can't find a single one over the course of the modern NFL, I'm not willing to bet on us getting the ONE.

You do you man, but that position is a job loser for GM's.

I generally agree with you, but in answer to your question, probably Hockensen at Minnesota/Detroit.  He had some good years with Detroit, made a probowl, and then they got a second round pick for him when they traded him to the Vikings.  He then lit it up for the Vikings with 60 receptions in ten games.  

If he spent his first three seasons with a team other than Detroit, he would be well known.  

On 6/8/2023 at 10:59 AM, Pup McBarky said:

That's probably one of the multitude of reasons I ain't a GM 😉

Meh, don't sell yourself short dude.

Just remember, Matt Rhule was once the head coach of an NFL team.

Lacking talent and knowledge are not the impediments some would have you believe during job interviews.  

A little BS and tasty meatballs can go a long way.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Greg Olsen or Vernon Davis.  

Olsen was the 31st overall pick.

Davis had a great overall career but honestly he never had the impact I expected him to have coming out of college. I'll never forget watching him just absolutely shred my Tar Heels and we had a decent secondary at the time with some NFL prospects on it but we didn't have anyone who could run with the guy. Not even close to it. He was 6" taller and 50+ pounds heavier and he was still WAY faster than anyone in our secondary. He was just straight up blowing by everyone. It was crazy to watch. You had to just sit back like

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

TE are not first round worthy draft picks.  You are right and we have discussed this in depth, they simply are not worth burning a first on.

Honestly, I'd strongly disagree. I'd spend a 1st round pick on a Travis Kelce, or a Gronk, or a Tony Gonzalez, or a Greg Olsen type player all day everyday. No hesitation. They may have played TE but they largely functioned as the #1 receiver.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I'd strongly disagree. I'd spend a 1st round pick on a Travis Kelce, or a Gronk, or a Tony Gonzalez, or a Greg Olsen type player all day everyday. No hesitation. They may have played TE but they largely functioned as the #1 receiver.

You are looking at that in hindsight obviously but the overall majority of tes picked in the first are just not worth it.   TG being the obvious outlier.   I mean Olsen only had 3 1000 yard seasons and never double digit tds.  And he really didnt start producing until 7ish years into his career. 

If you knew you were getting a te with gronks/kelce stats then sure but its damn near impossible to project that.