• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBrun - Canes Will Trade Pesce If Extension Can’t Be Reached

As much as I like to pick on Pecse, he's not a bad player. Little slow at times and seems to get lazy getting back sometimes. 

That said I doubt you find someone to match his contribution but I also wouldn't mind more speed! Also, can't spend Aho's money on Brett. 

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

That is good news because I would like to retain  Pesce.

I’m just worried Waddell is going to do what he does every time and lowball Pesce.

This, this is why we actually need the cap to have increased like it would have. We wouldn’t even have to worry about spending an extra couple mil to keep a core player. Especially in this absolute trash UFA year. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m just worried Waddell is going to do what he does every time and lowball Pesce.

This, this is why we actually need the cap to have increased like it would have. We wouldn’t even have to worry about spending an extra couple mil to keep a core player. Especially in this absolute trash UFA year. 

You made some very good and valid points.

2 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

I'd love to see him back, but his deal can't cost us Brady or Chatfield.

In my opinion, Chatfield is the better defender with more upside, especially speed. Brady faded hard at the end, not sure if he had an undisclosed injury. Pesce, to me was our weakest defender. Ghostbear will command a large payday, so I am not sure we can retain his services. We could be down 2 defenseman.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, philit99 said:

In my opinion, Chatfield is the better defender with more upside, especially speed. Brady faded hard at the end, not sure if he had an undisclosed injury. Pesce, to me was our weakest defender. Ghostbear will command a large payday, so I am not sure we can retain his services. We could be down 2 defenseman.

Brady and Pesce aren’t up until next offseason. That’s why they want to extend Pesce now. 

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

Yes but the article states he will be traded if an extension is not reached.

That's because he won't have any trade value as a UFA.

Just extend the guy. He's making $4M. One of the premier blue-liners in the league, Jacob Slavin, is making $5.3M. An extension for Pesce shouldn't be anymore than $500k per year AAV.

Here are all the righty defensemen who are UFAs right now. Pesce had more points this season than all but 1 of these guys:

image.thumb.png.ae25190a79a4a6ac03a0ef8fcb3cc595.png

• Pie 2