• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Finalizing Sale of Team Per Woj

Black

I saw that and has me wondering  about the draft. Ironically  this comes out and  at the same time reports of  the Pelicans not trading to 2 or 3 come out. Do Brandon n Scoot still meet MJ Monday? So much to think about going into the draft next week. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

I saw that and has me wondering  about the draft. Ironically  this comes out and  at the same time reports of  the Pelicans not trading to 2 or 3 come out. Do Brandon n Scoot still meet MJ Monday? So much to think about going into the draft next week. 

He will still oversee operations through the draft and start of free agency.   Article also says he will keep a small stake in the team. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37863644/sources-michael-jordan-finalizing-charlotte-hornets-sale

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Selling the team to two of the most milquetoast meh options available.

Fug Michael Jordan.

Okay I kinda rescind my final remark.

Let JCole have personnel input. The empty suits only need to worry about finances.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

Okay I kinda rescind my final remark.

Let JCole have personnel input. The empty suits only need to worry about finances.

The fact that Schnall is currently a minority owner of the Atlanta Hawks and the other guy was part of that GameStop stock thing is a cause for concern. These numb nuts with Kupcack and Clifford lol. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The fact that Schnall is currently a minority owner of the Atlanta Hawks and the other guy was part of that GameStop stock thing is a cause for concern. These numb nuts with Kupcack and Clifford lol. 

Exactly. Why these two clowns? Jordan is the 90's goat and he refused to bestow knowledge or even an attempt at guiding or developing our young players over the years and then he sells to these two? That's about as close as you can get to a fug you to the fans if I've ever seen one. I'm just saying. And I grew up a massive Jordan fan.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Yes they are still meeting with MJ. Also MJ still has a small minority stake of the franchise. He will still be around the Hornets just no longer the top dog when it comes to decisions.

Maybe the new guys will spend more money and take more risk.

I also wonder what this move means for Clifford.

• Pie 1