• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

17 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It looks like the snag is that this deal is going to part of like a three or four team deal and one the deals includes Torey Krug going to Philly, the problem is he won’t waive his NTC for Philly.

Good point.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lolol Canes getting shafted again. Funny hill for the NHL to die on when there are teams who stash players on LTIR until the playoffs.

Funny how "cap circumvention" is a thing in the off-season, but no big deal when it comes to the last 4 consecutive Cup winners and several contenders.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

What happened?

Just the NHL blocking the TDA deal for right now because they think Carolina is trying to circumvent the cap due to some rule about reacquiring a player within a year.

Unless I’m reading the rule incorrectly, it shouldn’t even apply.

It sounds like you can’t sign a player, then trade him, and then reacquire the same player within a years timeframe with retention. The thing is, Carolina didn’t sign TDA and trade him, they traded his rights and he was then signed by Philadelphia.

It just seems like the NHL is being dicks to the Canes again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just the NHL blocking the TDA deal for right now because they think Carolina is trying to circumvent the cap due to some rule about reacquiring a player within a year.

It sounds like you can’t sign a player, then trade him, and then reacquire the same player within a years timeframe with retention. The thing is, Carolina didn’t sign TDA and trade him, they traded his rights and he was then signed by Philadelphia.

Thought it didn’t matter cause the blues player is refusing to drop his NTC anyways? But ya that’s fuged up. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It applies because Philly is retaining 50% of the contract. If we were paying the full amount it would not apply, it only applies because we are getting him at a discount less than one year after trading him.

55 minutes ago, philit99 said:

It applies because Philly is retaining 50% of the contract. If we were paying the full amount it would not apply, it only applies because we are getting him at a discount less than one year after trading him.

Right but I think the questioning here is what exactly did Carolina trade. They didn’t trade TDA himself they traded his rights, meaning he was no longer a Hurricane.

I think both teams are arguing that it can’t be cap circumvention when Carolina never signed TDA to begin with last year and they didn’t trade TDA himself, just his rights, which allowed Philly to get a head start on contract negotiations since TDA was a FA.

• Pie 1

Although Rod was able to temper DeAngelos dirty plays somewhat, I just can’t get excited about having him back. A stationary traffic cone at times on defense and then he pulls this dirty move with the flyers, earning him 2 game suspension and a $57k plus fine in lost wages.

On 6/26/2023 at 12:48 AM, DavidEng said:

I would take Ghost his defense is far better than DeAngelos

Ghost couldn’t score and would be up and down with defense. Ghost was ok on the power play. 

Tony D could score. Is up and down on D and was good on running point on power play. 

it’s Tony D all day long. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Ghost couldn’t score and would be up and down with defense. Ghost was ok on the power play. 

Tony D could score. Is up and down on D and was good on running point on power play. 

it’s Tony D all day long. 

Just get ready to watch players skate around Tony on rushes. Ghosts defense was far superior.

We have good defensive scorers, what we don’t have and need is another good offensive line scorer.

• Pie 1