• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Power Rankings

weyco2000

9 hours ago, PandaPancake said:

Wait, how do they say we're 25th before the draft, praise the pick, and then drop to 28th?

I guess the same way they had Chicago 28th (I think) pre draft even though they had the first pick. Then bumped them up in the top 20 based on offensive/defensive line additions. Never mentioned the trade for DJ or explain how Fields will somehow morph into a capable QB. But yeah I totally agree with you.

• Pie 1

These rankings are just for fans and the media to talk about during the week when they have nothing else to talk about.  

Unlike college football,  rankings mean nothing in the NFL ..  it's all about winning the division,, and then trying to have the best records ( not ranking )  to get home field advantages..  

I have us ranked number 1 on the NFL SOUTH ..  and currently ( drum roll )   Number 1 in the NFC .  💪

• Beer 1

Our OFFENSE was crippling in 2021, 2022.  We won 7 games last season without a QB.  I think the OL is much improved in 2023.

Center:  We are better because Bozeman is now the starter for the entire season and we have 2-3 solid hybrid G/C backups (Mays, McRay)

Guard:  Corbett and Christensen--our backups are better than our starters were in 2021.  Mays, Zavala, McCray, Jensen---forget Jordan and Brown---awesome strength at G.  Do not be surprised, at some point, BC does not become the swing T. 

Tackle:  Moton, Ekwonu, and Erving.  With BC's ability at T and insane depth at G, we have a solid T group.

When Zavala is ready for LG, BC might become a T again.  Mays might be ready for RG now, but Corbett was just extended.  Mays could be the swing G/C. 

Now take a look at Wide Receiver:
You have to expect Marshall to continue the growth he flashed last season.  Shenault was not used correctly--I am sure we are going to see him in the game plan more like Debo.  New toys?  Chark and Theilen will be pros and that will mean a lot to a young QB, but Mingo could make this group special.  Folks, we have never had 5 studs at WR--potential studs--but with a TE threat, we are now better.

Running Back:  Sanders, Blacksheer, Hubbard, Brown--I think we stepped back in this area from CMC (but not after he was traded), but with a new QB and better OL than even last year, this RB group could be average to above average.

Quarterback:  To me, our backup in 2023 is better than what we had starting in 2022. 

So this offense has the chance to be special.  If Bryce plays well, this team wins the South and makes some noise in the playoffs--

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

PFF is always called trash here when it doesn't align with people's views. Yet, when it supports their arguments they will cite it over and over again. 

Can't have it both ways people. 

Here is not a hive mind. I consistently call it trash no matter the context. 

• Beer 1