• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baseball

lightsout

Shame there's not a baseball sub, but anybody else still a fan?  Games are far more accessible to be watched now with pitch clocking, and the huge shift to straight power lineups has created more scoring. 

Braves, Rays, Dodgers and Houston are far and away the best teams in the league, and the Braves may be a historically great team by the end of October. 

Braves are having an EPIC season..  It'll still come down to best of 5 or 7 games in the fall.  Hope they get their two starting pitchers back. Wright and Fried.

I'm a San Diego Padre fan..  Friar Faithful.  It's been a difficult season for me.  HUGE $$$$$ line up and can't get it together.  4 games below .500, and hoping to make a wild card run.  My bull pen is the pits. I have a closer but can't get the ball to him .. WHINE WHINE WHINE. 

Baseball is not accessible in my opinion.  I live on the coast of NC.  I can not stream  listening to their games on the radio because I don't live in their market.  Well guess what,  I don't live in the Braves market or the Nationals market. MLB is not much better than the NBA.  I miss the days of being able to watch the Braves, Cubs, and Mets on cable TV free.

Hating baseball is en vogue (and, as a Red Sox fan, I've hated it for basically 3 of the last 4 years), but I really enjoy the sport. I lived it for too long in high school and college, so I just got sick of it for a while before getting back into it.

Like the Braves since they're the local team, but doesn't really matter -- they're an absolute machine and they've got this year on lock. We took our kid to her first pro sporting event in June, a Braves/Mets game, and damn, it was a lot of fun. Their stadium experience and The Battery are pretty cool.

42 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Much like soccer, I've always thought baseball was much more fun to play than to watch.

I had a similar view of soccer but determined that soccer is more fun to watch in person. Same is true for baseball. Being at a major league field and watching is infinitely a better experience than watching a June game on your couch. 

3 hours ago, lightsout said:

I had a similar view of soccer but determined that soccer is more fun to watch in person. Same is true for baseball. Being at a major league field and watching is infinitely a better experience than watching a June game on your couch. 

Neither are worth the money it costs to go to the game, though. 

Never had a bad time at the ballpark but I think thats more about the company Ive gone with.  Baseball is like a great backdrop for a social thing.

But short of some of the historical series (Sox & Cubs WS and associated playoffs) Ive never been able to watch more than a few innings at a time.

15 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Hating baseball is en vogue (and, as a Red Sox fan, I've hated it for basically 3 of the last 4 years), but I really enjoy the sport. I lived it for too long in high school and college, so I just got sick of it for a while before getting back into it.

Like the Braves since they're the local team, but doesn't really matter -- they're an absolute machine and they've got this year on lock. We took our kid to her first pro sporting event in June, a Braves/Mets game, and damn, it was a lot of fun. Their stadium experience and The Battery are pretty cool.

Yep, it's very trendy to hate soccer and baseball. Especially on an NFL forum lol. Baseball is supposed to be slow. It's relaxing. You just put it on for 3 hours or so and enjoy life. Drink a beer, eat, and watch. Then when the Playoffs come around and the temps drop ... oh lord the energy ramps up x 1000.