• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 2

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I lived in McKinney (suburb of Dallas) when I was a kid in the 90s during their peak as a franchise. We moved down there from Maryland where my entire family were Redskins fans.

I did not fit in.

We didn't have wear your favorite sports team day, we had wear your cowboys gear day. They didn't read us children's books, they read us books about Cowboys players when they were children. There were so many kids in the area named after players/the area I knew like 4 kids named Dallas alone. 

I apparently met Roger Staubach at some event while decked out in Redskins gear that my dad put me in on purpose. They wouldn't take a picture with me next to him. 

It's a Cult down there.

My brother used to live in Brownsville TX. He said they have a parade there every Sunday the Cowboys play, home or away and win or lose. Assuming I'm remembering right and he was right, that's nuts to me.

6 hours ago, csx said:

It's league wide trend that started before Rhule for here. The progressive changes have been mentioned every Summer since mid 2000s.

People easily and immediately broadcasting camps didn't exist in the way it does now. Previously it was just photos posted on message boards. Now it's broadcast live on social media and available forever. It's a different world 

In fairness they will probably eventually have to stop doing these outdoors.

It takes little to no effort to fly up a drone and record every practice in 4K detail without being noticed at all.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness they will probably eventually have to stop doing these outdoors.

It takes little to no effort to fly up a drone and record every practice in 4K detail without being noticed at all.

Not to bring politics into the main forum so this is for reference only but…

You could fly these things during a game and read every playsheet another coach has. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Not to bring politics into the main forum so this is for reference only but…

You could fly these things during a game and read every playsheet another coach has. 

Have you thought about interning for the Patriots?

https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?jobSearchSettingsId=19&clientkey=715F4103F5E4D572C92AFE85684343DC&session_nonce=591c64399664b7f2a2c1ad4b75e9d3a4

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2