• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 2

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s fair and I get it but it does make me wonder if Bryce is holding on maybe a second to long also perhaps if our OL gap scheme is wanting. 

It is probably a combination of both. They will get into a rhythm as camp goes along. Both sides of the ball need to show out and it sounds like they are slowly starting to find their footing. But until the pads go on and they get some time in them you have to take these ebs and flows in camp with a grain of salt. No need to worry about anything but avoiding injuries right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s fair and I get it but it does make me wonder if Bryce is holding on maybe a second to long also perhaps if our OL gap scheme is wanting. 

You can quantify it however you like. (That was a tad harsher than I had intended. Sorry bout that. The fact is, there is very little the Oline can do in the way of Pass Protection while they practice in shorts. Nobody wants any injuries in a glorified practice. Once the pads come on, then the actual fun starts.

Edit to add; Also, they are subbing in a lot with the Oline right now. There is no set pattern for reps yet. They are just getting guys work nothing more.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m sure Bryce is holding the ball a little long. I would expect that right now.

Also, who knows which O linemen are giving up those sacks. They might be subbing in a lot.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You can quantify it however you like. The fact is, there is very little the Oline can do in the way of Pass Protection while they practice in shorts. Nobody wants any injuries in a glorified practice. Once the pads come on, then the actual fun starts.

Edit to add; Also, they are subbing in a lot with the Oline right now. There is no set pattern for reps yet. They are just getting guys work nothing more.

That’s fair too. I wish panthers Twitter would clip full plays so we could actually get a read on what is happening, not just the good. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, a few of the beat writers have noted that they’ve been mixing up O-line personnel a lot this week and I think they even asked Frank about it. 

I saw a clip today where Bryce was at QB and there was a #74 at left tackle and idek who that is on our roster. Needless to say, once pads come on and we get deeper into camp, O-line protection will tighten up and Bryce will be out there with the true 1st team O line regularly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s fair too. I wish panthers Twitter would clip full plays so we could actually get a read on what is happening, not just the good. 

Yeah, I think we all would love more coverage. Seems counterintuitive to me. The fans want to get excited. Why not give them something to be excited about?

I mean, sure, if you want to work on something in private go ahead. But for just this normal practice stuff? Why not give us something?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Yeah, a few of the beat writers have noted that they’ve been mixing up O-line personnel a lot this week and I think they even asked Frank about it. 

I saw a clip today where Bryce was at QB and there was a #74 at left tackle and idek who that is on our roster. Needless to say, once pads come on and we get deeper into camp, O-line protection will tighten up and Bryce will be out there with the true 1st team O line regularly. 

#74 is Larnel Coleman. Practice squad guy.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Really awkward exchange between Steve Smith and Bryce. I can’t quite figure out what Bryce thinks Steve was implying here.

Go to 4:40.

That Spartanburg heat beating down on Bryce, making that fuse a little shorter. lol

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, I think we all would love more coverage. Seems counterintuitive to me. The fans want to get excited. Why not give them something to be excited about?

I mean, sure, if you want to work on something in private go ahead. But for just this normal practice stuff? Why not give us something?

Seriously. Most plays at camp are going to be vanilla too. Simple simple plays. I’m not asking for a full coaching angle tape. Just half a dozen plays in full. I mean even the world champs are posting that. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If he is it's means nothing right now it's more about executing the plays making the right reads accurately passing the ball. When it's go time I'm sure he'll play up to par because that's what he does. We can hate on his size all we want but processing plays, properly executing plays, and distributing accurate passes are things he does at an elite level.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

That Spartanburg heat beating down on Bryce, making that fuse a little shorter. lol

That was weird, maybe that it’s soft or whatever.  I would have taken more offense at him calling Dalton the starter lol