• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should have Traded Moore When You Had The Chance

fitty76

every year fans make ridiculous statements like "now that Deshaun Foster is terrible let's trade him for a 3rd." Saying it and doing it are obviously very different, there's no market for trading Moore and there never was.

Well if you read my original post you would know that I am not talking about trading him NOW. I was talking about trading him two years ago when he played well for 4 games. I brought up that the Eagles traded AJ Feeley for a 2nd round pick to the Dolphins after 4 games of just not losing the game. I'm just asking why he wasn't on the trading block two years ago?

Well if you read my original post you would know that I am not talking about trading him NOW. I was talking about trading him two years ago when he played well for 4 games. I brought up that the Eagles traded AJ Feeley for a 2nd round pick to the Dolphins after 4 games of just not losing the game. I'm just asking why he wasn't on the trading block two years ago?

he didn't have value then. That's my point.

Two years ago I posted on this site that the Panthers should trade Matt Moore. The Eagles got a 2nd round pick from the Dolphins for AJ Feeley. Feeley only played 4 games in 2002. I'm not saying the Panthers would have gotten a 2nd round pick for Moore, but he should have been on the trading block after what he did in 2007.

You guys all ripped me back then. Saying that Moore was the future and that you don't give away talent. Well would you want to make that trade now?

I remember you posting that and I told you that there is no way in hell that Matt Moore would get a 2nd round pick. AJ Feeley is a reliable backup that somebody overpaid for. Matt Moore was an unknown that just happened to win a few games after being an undrafted free agent.

I had no confidence in Matt Moore then...and I still don't have confidence in him now. He could go out and beat the Giants, Saints, and Vikings and I'd still be pissed if we saw him as the future.

As stupid as I think John Fox is...there is a reason that Matt Moore never got the start over Jake until Jake REALLLLY screwed it up. Matt Moore just isn't that good and he never will be.

I'm glad we didn't trade Moore. He is looking better now so I see him as the future. Plus, we can save up some salary cap by keeping him as the starter (if that happend) & not draft a QB so we can get bigger need than that. Not to mention we don't have to worry about how a QB we selected will do.

ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE!!?!?

What could POSSIBLY be a bigger need for us than quarterback?? We have backup DTs and LBs in the game and we held Tom freaking Brady to under 200 yards passing. We have one of the best offensive lines in the game. We have one of the best MLBs in the game. We have the best running back combo in the game. What could we possibly need MORE THAN A QB? That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard...Start watching Panthers games before posting here.

Hell...start watching NFL FOOTBALL BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Other than the Raiders, the Bills and the Browns...who has a worse QB situation than us?? NOBODY!! We are in the same category as THE BROWNS AND THE RAIDERS. Think about that for a second!

I remember you posting that and I told you that there is no way in hell that Matt Moore would get a 2nd round pick. AJ Feeley is a reliable backup that somebody overpaid for. Matt Moore was an unknown that just happened to win a few games after being an undrafted free agent.

I had no confidence in Matt Moore then...and I still don't have confidence in him now. He could go out and beat the Giants, Saints, and Vikings and I'd still be pissed if we saw him as the future.

As stupid as I think John Fox is...there is a reason that Matt Moore never got the start over Jake until Jake REALLLLY screwed it up. Matt Moore just isn't that good and he never will be.

I have more confidence in Moore than I do in any draft choice we might make.

ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE!!?!?

What could POSSIBLY be a bigger need for us than quarterback?? We have backup DTs and LBs in the game and we held Tom freaking Brady to under 200 yards passing. We have one of the best offensive lines in the game. We have one of the best MLBs in the game. We have the best running back combo in the game. What could we possibly need MORE THAN A QB? That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard

Wr

Wr

all that wr crap means nothing without a decent qb. look at the lions when williams and johnson were there. their reciving corp rivaled the cards for a period of time but it didnt matter because drew stanton and a host of other bums were delivering the ball. nothing i repeat nothing is more important than grabing a qb.

Well for starters moore had zero trade value two years ago just like he doesn't right now. Just because someone traded for feely doesn't mean every backup has a lot of trade value. I mean he didn't exactly light it up when he started in 07. He threw for 3 tds and 5 ints. Also the panthers were trying to groom him to be their future. So why the hell would they try to trade him?

Archived