• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you ready to pass judgement on Moore...

Zod

I think Moore is fine for what we NEED to be doing...running the ball successfully with 2 great RBs, and passing efficiently WITHOUT TURNOVERS. That's what he brings. As far as experience he's basically a rookie. A pretty solid rookie, but certainly needing improvement. I believe we should keep him as the starter unless he completely blows it the next couple of weeks, which I doubt will happen, and have Jake be the backup.

1. Moore

2. Delhomme

3. 4th or 6th round QB

Use the first two picks we have to shore up some extra talent at WR and much-needed OL depth.

I think Moore is fine for what we NEED to be doing...running the ball successfully with 2 great RBs, and passing efficiently WITHOUT TURNOVERS. That's what he brings. As far as experience he's basically a rookie. A pretty solid rookie, but certainly needing improvement. I believe we should keep him as the starter unless he completely blows it the next couple of weeks, which I doubt will happen, and have Jake be the backup.

1. Moore

2. Delhomme

3. 4th or 6th round QB

Use the first two picks we have to shore up some extra talent at WR and much-needed OL depth.

Agreed.

Look you have to at least give him the rest of the season to say anything definitive about Moore.

IMO he already showed improvement from one game to the next ( a little, not a lot, but no picks and 1 TD are improvements ). Give the guy 3 more games and then take a look at this collective work, does he regress, not improve at all or get better? Look at the stats and as fans look at the plays and make sure he gets credit where credit is due and make sure you look at when he gets bailed out ( rosario catch for instance, that thing was wobbly ) and see where he stands.

if he improves ( IMO he will, but that may just be the fan in me talking ) start him out next season and have our QB pick riding the bench taking in the system ( unless he shows he can play better then Moore in camp/preseason ) and have Jake as a backup in there too to teach the new guy about the system he has been playing in for years.

but yeah 3 games too early to make any statements.

and as someone mentioned, the stupid ass play calling has to help him out, have to run more.

I do however agree with some of the runs on long 3rds , lets not have an INT which gives opponents short fields and may hurt the QB mentally. At least for now while Moore is still growing at the QB position.

also note that he has not been taking snaps with the 1st team long, hell Fox had him way down on the roster, these past 2 weeks is probably the most real practice time he has got in a long time ( 07 )

1. Moore

2. Delhomme

3. 4th or 6th round QB

I'm fine going in next year with....

high draft pick QB

Moore

new vet picked up by trade or FA

they all compete for the job - open competition but with hopes the new vet will be good enough while our drafted QB learns.

dump Jake and Josh.

1. Moore

2. Delhomme

3. 4th or 6th round QB

No way. This is just saying that we didn't even try to fix our biggest problem of the year.

We need to get rid of Delhomme completely and keep Moore to compete with someone we pick up, either someone in the draft or FA. Though if we pick up someone in the draft, we would have to pick up a veteran QB in FA.

1. Moore

2. Delhomme

3. 4th or 6th round QB

I can possibly go with that depth chart but I want a higher pick than that used on QB. I could also see McCown in there as the stopgap guy.

Archived