• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Hurts lead Bama to 2 consecutive national championships. 

OU just made him a better QB/player

There is a reason Hurts reps both

That's the point. Without OU, Hurts isn't in the NFL. Pretty self explanatory. 

53 minutes ago, GOAT said:

yikes bro you're looking crazy rn. I get that you like oklahoma but you trying to claim ownership over Hurts and disregard his past and his own words is almost down right creepy.

Without OU he's not in the NFL. It's not claim. That's just a fact BRO. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol you have gone off the deep end. Please respect the players point of view and acknowledge the school he spent a majority of his college career at like he wants. 
https://www.si.com/college/alabama/.amp/bamacentral/the-extra-point-jalen-hurts-true-alma-mater-de-siver

Should we ignore the fact that Nick Saban told him to go to Oklahoma because they would help him better than Bama to get to the NFL? Sure seems like you are. But please, respect his pov. When the advice he received was from Bama's HC. Woof. 

9 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

I mean OU was essential to his career playing out like it did as a pro. 

but yeah, his college football resume is Bama heavy. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

This is an incredibly stupid take. He could have easily been drafted or even undrafted out of Bama and at that point it’s up to him on whether or not he succeeds in the NFL. You act like he was tailor made for the NFL out of OU lol. Get real.

21 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

That's not a fact.  If Hurts never left Bama he still goes to the NFL.    Path and opportunity of play would have played out different but he 100% gets drafted and goes the NFL.   And the proof is all the other QBs who have gotten drafted mid to late round every year for decades. 

Worst case scenario he gets drafted as an athlete.   Armanti Edwards was a freaking 3rd round pick or whatever it was.  Hurts was going to the NFL. 

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

fact
  1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "he ignores some historical and economic facts"

It's not a fact until alternate timelines is proven to be a thing that exists and we are able to travel between them. Something that didn't happen in reality can never be a "fact" because it cannot be proven.

The word you are looking for is "belief."

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Early? It's the first week of preseason lol.

Whichever QB who went to Houston was going to face an uphill battle.

Folks need to learn to separate draft prospect discussions from a personal vendetta bc it's not healthy to carry this years from now which I can tell some of you might.

I don’t view it as a vendetta. It’s more similar to bragging rights when your team beats another. I just want the losing side to take their L as they should and don’t go quietly into the night. 

I guess I should have included it, but that’s obviously based on projection from where they both are currently. Everyone on our staff and team is raving about Young and where he is as a rookie. He’ll still have rough games. 

3 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Agreed. Its not healthy There are setting themselves up really bad if bryce doesn't look the part in live bullets. The excuses will not help and they will make them. Both guys deserve some time before being dragged under a microscope in reality. What can you really determine off 4 passes in first pre season? It makes the comments sound way more trollish than reasonable analysis and thats funny comin from certain people. 

Man, as long as I heard people whine about Young’s height and how he must have chugged gallons of water and wore lead drawers at the combine, you best believe they’re going to hear about it when their choice struggles as much as Stroud did last night. 

What’s more healthy as a football fan than feeling like your franchise made the right choice at the most important position, and it was one you supported from the beginning? What’s unhealthy is there are Panthers fans on this forum who will treat Young, our own QB, worse than Stroud if he has a similar game due to their draft preference. He’s our guy now. I respect those who have already switched into support mode for our guy despite wanting Stroud initially. The others are going to hear from me. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

53 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Should we ignore the fact that Nick Saban told him to go to Oklahoma because they would help him better than Bama to get to the NFL? Sure seems like you are. But please, respect his pov. When the advice he received was from Bama's HC. Woof. 

Well he would have been backing up 1st round pick Tua again, so yeah he needed to transfer to get playing time. Good looking out by Saban which hurts me to say as an Auburn fan… Alabama has become a QB factory lately. 

8 hours ago, OUCPFL said:

Life. If you don't get drafted from the University you attended, then why would you rep them? 

He graduated from Bama and was the starting QB for 2 seasons. To say he’s only an Oklahoma QB and not an Alabama QB ALSO is extremely dumb. Extremely dumb. This whole conversation is extremely dumb. Maybe you should ask Jalen Hurts. Oh wait, somebody did. He was asked about representing Oklahoma last year before the NFC title game, and he said  “I went to Alabama, too, so I guess they're well-represented now, too."