• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adding to the doom and gloom

TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I’m ready for Friday to put this behind us

They need to let him get a few more drives unless he’s slicing up the defense. If he’s out there shredding I’d rather get him out and keep him healthy. But if things are slow again for the offense is like to see us press the issue and leave him out there until we get a scoring drive. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

They need to let him get a few more drives unless he’s slicing up the defense. If he’s out there shredding I’d rather get him out and keep him healthy. But if things are slow again for the offense is like to see us press the issue and leave him out there until we get a scoring drive. 

As long as Michael Jordan doesn’t step foot on the field I’m ok with it

• Pie 3

21 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL though, figured it wasn't worth a thread of its own so I'll just post it here, but I will be keeping a close eye on Richardson.  He is who I decided I wanted in the last weeks leading up to the draft, with the reasoning being, if his processing was close to Bryce's, which reportedly it was, he could figure out the accuracy and consistency stuff over time, but his athleticism and playmaker ability would carry him during that time...  and in a big way.  Even as he was figuring out the passing aspect, he could break games wide open with his running ability.  I expect he will.  I know he threw a pick but he bounced back and looked really good afterwards.  I see a lot of Cam in him.  So it was what worried me about Bryce over him...  While Bryce is great at his strengths, and I see the Brees' comparisons are very apt (except Bryce is much more mobile), AR can win games even if he can't pass to perfection.  AR doesn't and won't have to rely on others to be productive and change games in the Colts' favor.  Bryce's game is almost entirely dependent on others to be productive, and as we saw yesterday, the OL sucked and we couldn't get any offense going.  

Again, I trust Reich and McCown's decision.  I have no choice but to.  But man, that concern has been there for me since the draft.  I'm going to continue to believe and hope for the best...  also, this post is not about yesterday, just a lingering concern that has always been there.

AR is not Cam. Please stop doing this. Cam dominated every level of football and AR dominated a combine but was pretty mediocre when football was played. Disrespect has to stop. Bryce was the best player in the draft. It’s not even close. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

AR is not Cam. Please stop doing this. Cam dominated every level of football and AR dominated a combine but was pretty mediocre when football was played. Disrespect has to stop. Bryce was the best player in the draft. It’s not even close. 

You won't find a bigger Cam fan for life than me...  it's not meant as disrespect to him.  I agree with you.  I'm saying he has traits like Cam, and if he can put it together, those traits enable him to make plays on his own without needing others, and there aren't many guys that are capable of that.

8 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I forgot it was Solomon Thomas that sacked Bryce...we keep touting "Jets 2nd string" but Solomon would be a starter for a handful of teams, dude has been in the league for a bit.

He didn't get sacked by Thomas. He got the ball out for a nice gain and was blew up by Thomas. 

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

As much as I like Bryce I agree. My ultimate fear is that we outsmarted ourselves by taking him. 

I don't. That little thing called "decision making" bothers the hell out of me in regards to AR. He didn't exactly light the world on fire in his first preseason game either. 

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

I knew it wouldn’t take long for the weak-minded to insist Young will be a bust 

Right? He was 4/6 with one of his incompletions being on Shenault for running too deep on his route. All of this was having just over 2 seconds to throw the ball on average in his first preseason game of his career.

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Right? He was 4/6 with one of his incompletions being on Shenault for running too deep on his route. All of this was having just over 2 seconds to throw the ball on average in his first preseason game of his career.

I haven’t seen folks here calling him a bust at all but Mondays are super busy for me so maybe I missed something.