• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

The Huddler

dude was pure ass

i understand theres external circumstances, a lot unfair... past and as present as last game..    

I like Matt Corral but the best thing for him is to be cut as soon as possible and to catch on elsewhere, where he can have an honest shot at competing.

The longer he is here, the more dis-service we do to him..  granted he was a 3rd round pick. If he was viewed as a top talent at QB he would have been taken as such. He wasn't. Was he given a fair crack with optimal circumstances? No. But thats the question and answer for a whole lot of aspiring NFL players.  

He no longer holds trade value, and Andy is a much more reliable backup. Time we let him go and he can have his pick of the daisy and he can compete. At this point hes a hostage of ours. Id rather let Dalton get a lot of reps just to get him in mental shape.

I still believe corral is very talented and with the right coach, and right opportunity, he could succeed in the NFL. But we have Bryce now, we have no need for a "sleeper" QB. Dude needs opportunity and he will not get that in Carolina.. knock on wood of course

Matt Corral was the twinkle of hope in that Ben Macadoo offense. I hope the Panthers do the ethical thing and let him go soon. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Yep. There's no reason for him to be here if he's able to start somewhere else in the future. We have our starter. We have Dalton as a backup. If our plan is for Corral to be our main backup next season, uh ok. But lookiing at these preseason box scores shows me no one else needs him either. Every team has a "name" on the bench.

• Pie 1

The Corral starting the entire rest of game after bryce was a stunt to gain trade value.. it backfired.. we didn't score a point man..

again, I believe in his talent and if the right system and situation can nourish his strengths and give him an honest shot to develop and compete... I think he can be successful..  but that aint here..  and the thing is it may be of no fault to his own..  

I think having guys trying to "prove" themselves with backups and no gameplan is unrealistic to real life NFL sundays..

Let the Kid go..  And if I had to bet, he will be let go..  Good Luck Matt..  The NFL is a ruthless unfair place I hope you get your opportunity..  keep grinding brother. 

Worst case be that journey man backup QB that makes a couple M a year to "backup" 

You never know what you have in this league. Let him develop. What can it hurt? If he's a capable backup with time, great. If not, release him. We've seen what happens when you lose both QBs when it matters. For now, he's just a guy trying to make the roster. He's a 3rd round pick for a reason. With the emergency roster spot we literally have nothing to lose by seeing if he can grow and learn under actual NFL caliber coaches. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You never know what you have in this league. Let him develop. What can it hurt? If he's a capable backup with time, great. If not, release him. We've seen what happens when you lose both QBs when it matters. For now, he's just a guy trying to make the roster. He's a 3rd round pick for a reason. With the emergency roster spot we literally have nothing to lose by seeing if he can grow and learn under actual NFL caliber coaches. 

I agree from the perspective of the Panthers..

But As a fan and believer of Corral.. or even being put more in a more reductive depersonalized from pathers way..   an "Owner" of Corral in several Dynasty Fantasy Leagues..  I wana see him let loose ASAP. 

basically the best thing for Corral would be to be let go ASAP

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's the OP point.

He can't develop here sitting behind Bryce and Dalton.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

But As a fan and believer of Corral.. or even being put more in a more reductive depersonalized from pathers way..   an "Owner" of Corral in several Dynasty Fantasy Leagues..  I wana see him let loose ASAP. 

Damn, I hope those are deeeeeeep fantasy leagues. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

I care about what's best for the team because I want the team to ultimately win a SB. From a business perspective though, MC is a low cost, potential backup that we can cut at any time if we find someone better. Dalton is what he is. At this point, developing Corral isn't going to change anything for AD. If someone else comes along that is better, so long Matt. No other team is going to rush up and scoop him up if he's as bad as everyone is claiming he is to make him their starter. Right now, he's JAG and I'm OK with that. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Corral hasn’t been through one preseason yet.  He is cheap and young.  I don’t want to cut him.  Just keep developing him. 

In each of the last  5 years Dalton has taken the field for a team he has had a losing record.  This will be his 13th year.  He isn’t an answer to our backup spot for Bryce.  Just a rental. 

Not that I'm unique in my opportunity to see actual practice and games.. theres a lot of fans that do that..  but the fact i was able to for the first time this year really put some things in perspective for me..  let me put it this way..

we arent "developing" matt corral..

When i saw the joint practice with the Jets.. dude had SCRAPS ..  he had* the last rep or two in every drill.. 7v7..  11v11...  I barely saw the MF..

and then all of a sudden he plays most of the preseason game.. ??

the fug are we developing?  I sure as hell did not witness "developing" in practice..  And its not like he ws bad in practice.. i barely saw the MF.. how is he going to develop? fugin virtual reality>??

the dude clearly isnt in our plans (what i saw from practice) ..... (aka has not been given a fair chance)...

..    and im not saying the panthers are in the wrong..  we got our guy and the backup.. and from the impersonal entity of the panthers..  we are trying to trade the MF! 

but, it didn't work..  you did not prepare the trade piece.. the trade piece.. is no longer trade piece..   because of that, let the dude go.. he aint going to get you a "pick"   .. let him go..

Edited by The Huddler