• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssssst.......

Zod

11 hours ago, ncfan said:

Interesting 

because our very own dam GM was quiet contrary to what you just said.

”We built the Defense, then the OL.  We’ve built up to where we can just drop in a QB”

not only A QB

”the most NFL ready QB”

Those weren’t yours, mine, or any huddler words.

Those were Carolina Panthers General Manger Scott Fitterer’s words.

It amazes me after all the bashing of Matt Fool and his multi year rebuild plan.  And then praise and point how the NFL you can turn it it around (pointing to Dabol)

Some of us revert right back to “several years down the line rebuild” expectations like that clown that just got fired had.

The giants where 9-7-1. A hair over 500. That's the type of season we can expect IMO

13 hours ago, ncfan said:

Interesting 

because our very own dam GM was quiet contrary to what you just said.

”We built the Defense, then the OL.  We’ve built up to where we can just drop in a QB”

not only A QB

”the most NFL ready QB”

Those weren’t yours, mine, or any huddler words.

Those were Carolina Panthers General Manger Scott Fitterer’s words.

It amazes me after all the bashing of Matt Fool and his multi year rebuild plan.  And then praise and point how the NFL you can turn it it around (pointing to Dabol)

Some of us revert right back to “several years down the line rebuild” expectations like that clown that just got fired had.

What Fitterer described was the roster building process.

The process of implementing a system is separate...and generally takes time.

And while the Giants one year turnaround looks great so far, what happens this year? Are they consistent or do they fall back to earth?

Nothing is guaranteed.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Another year of non playoff football would be another dreadful year. This team has great talent. We didn’t pick 1 becasue we were the worst team. We almost made the playoffs last year.  It’s absolutely an expectation to see them win the division with our talent. Too bad it seems either coaching/Playcalling/oline is not up to it so far. 

they look bad right now.  Yes. Let’s see how they do week 1 when all the players are playing and we have an actual game plan. If we look like dog poo again week 1, that’s when it’s time to worry. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What Fitterer described was the roster building process.

The process of implementing a system is separate...and generally takes time.

And while the Giants one year turnaround looks great so far, what happens this year? Are they consistent or do they fall back to earth?

Nothing is guaranteed.

We haven’t seen playoff football in 6 years and have been the laughing stock of the league in that same time. I would kill to see this team make the playoffs in year one. Worry about next year then. 

On 8/19/2023 at 6:54 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Frank is not cut for this job. Players laughing it up on the sidelines making jokes while mic'd up while we were getting spanked just shows a lack of respect and accountability.

Tepper simply can't hire the right coach. People still giving up on the season before it even starts.

This has been the Tepper era sadly.

Tepper will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to the panthers. I wish he would just get some kind of scandal so he can sell his share and move on. Let Tom Dundon buy the team. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:01 AM, Riverboat Ron said:

But if you’re not expecting playoffs this year or next wtf would you not trade Brian Burns to build in the dead years? We lost our top WR and top draft choices, if we aren’t expecting success within 2 years then why are we retaining expensive assets that degrade in value daily?

Shhhhhhhh. You are making too much sense. If fit wanted a full rebuild, those two firsts and a third would look realllll nice 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:40 AM, TheCasillas said:

That was not a good read by Ridder... the reason the ball was tipped is because there was a man on the reciever there to force the tip. Even Falcons discord was angry at Ridder on that read.

Bengals sat the majority of their starters on both sides of the ball last night. What you saw... was preseason football.

Yea Atl way overreacting to that drive. Easy throw to TE forced tough catch, simple check down to the left forced a tough catch. I agree with you the Int was on him, he had no business throwing it, dude was covered.

They got him out of the pocket on 75% of the passing plays, because even Smith stated he is worried about him operating from the pocket. Its one thing to roll out on one preseason drive constantly and another to have to play a game were you have to throw from pocket.

I dont worry about Ridder at all.

59 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Shhhhhhhh. You are making too much sense. If fit wanted a full rebuild, those two firsts and a third would look realllll nice 

What’s a rebuild look like then? Some of your definitions would eliminate ever rebuild that ever existed from being called that. 

We traded away CMC.  We drafted a QB #1 overall to start day 1.  We traded away our 1 good WR to get him.  We got a new HC, OC, DC and new schemes across the board.  That’s a rebuild.  

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Tepper will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to the panthers. I wish he would just get some kind of scandal so he can sell his share and move on. Let Tom Dundon buy the team. 

lol I wouldn't go that far. I do wish he would sell the team though. This dude is one of the richest owners in the league and he just doesn't know football sadly.

This dude went hard for Deshaun freaking Watson told me all I needed to know about Tepper.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We haven’t seen playoff football in 6 years and have been the laughing stock of the league in that same time. I would kill to see this team make the playoffs in year one. Worry about next year then. 

Build for year one success and one year is likely all you get.

Better to do it right.

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

What’s a rebuild look like then? Some of your definitions would eliminate ever rebuild that ever existed from being called that. 

We traded away CMC.  We drafted a QB #1 overall to start day 1.  We traded away our 1 good WR to get him.  We got a new HC, OC, DC and new schemes across the board.  That’s a rebuild.  

If this was a rebuild then it was the most half ass rebuild of all time. I was in favor in selling at the pieces and completely starting over with new players. But we didn’t.