• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

17 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

As he should be. I keep thinking the Cardinals could be a trade partner for him, but they are so clearly tanking with that QB room. 

Crazy that the season has not started and they are already tanking.  I would hate to be a player on that team.  

I had an epiphany in the shower and wasn't sure where to post it. I didn't want to start a new thread or hijack 1 of the cut threads. It's so simple that I cannot believe that another huddle GM hasn't come up with yet, we can solve our QB3 and our power back in 1 glorious move! Since he'd be qb3, he wouldn't count in our 46 gameday limit, AND he's already said that he would back up Young. It's a win, win, win! Bringing him back for the 3rd time could be the charm!

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I had an epiphany in the shower and wasn't sure where to post it. I didn't want to start a new thread or hijack 1 of the cut threads. It's so simple that I cannot believe that another huddle GM hasn't come up with yet, we can solve our QB3 and our power back in 1 glorious move! Since he'd be qb3, he wouldn't count in our 46 gameday limit, AND he's already said that he would back up Young. It's a win, win, win! Bringing him back for the 3rd time could be the charm!

Serious Cary Elwes GIF

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Send him to NE for. 7th.  They just cut all their QBs

In no world is a 7th rounder worth giving up on Corral at this point.

He's not really tradable for me right now, if Lance is getting a 4th round pick in return, there isn't anything someone is going to be willing to give us for Corral right now that will make it worth giving up on him already.

He's far more valuable to us to be our scout team QB than a 7th round pick is to us.

I might take a 4th for him (which nobody is giving for him anyways), but anything 5th or later and I just think it's worth hanging onto him for now.

Edited by tukafan21

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

In no world is a 7th rounder worth giving up on Corral at this point.

He's not really tradable for me right now, if Lance is getting a 4th round pick in return, there isn't anything someone is going to be willing to give us for Corral right now that will make it worth giving up on him already.

He's far more valuable to us to be our scout team QB than a 7th round pick is to us.

I might take a 4th for him (which nobody is giving for him anyways), but anything 5th or later and I just think it's worth hanging onto him for now.

if you were considering him and liked him for a 3rd/4th ish in 2022…..why wouldn’t he be worth a 7th to you today?   He is essentially a developmental rookie QB with a preseason to his name.  

I would assume Corral politely wants out of here.  And I factor that in.  There is nothing for Corral here.  All sides see that.  Corral is too young to be content being present day Andy Dalton for the next decade for us and holding a clipboard. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

if you were considering him and liked him for a 3rd/4th ish in 2022…..why wouldn’t he be worth a 7th to you today?  

I would assume Corral politely wants out of here.  And I factor that in.  There is nothing for Corral here.  All sides see that.  Corral is too young to be content being present day Andy Dalton for the next decade for us and holding a clipboard. 

I actually didn't like trading away the picks we did to draft him last year.

But since we did and he's now on our team, I think he's more valuable to us as the scout team QB to help prepare out defense each week than a future 7th round pick would be.  He's got to be better than the scout team QB on any other team right now, plus he has mobility that can help our defense prepare for any mobile QB's we'll be facing this year.

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

if you were considering him and liked him for a 3rd/4th ish in 2022…..why wouldn’t he be worth a 7th to you today?   He is essentially a developmental rookie QB with a preseason to his name.  

The poster thinks he’s worth more than what we could get in trade right now. 

I’m sure you are correct that a team would give a 7th for him, but the poster doesn’t think that’s enough. 

I'm also not convinced Dalton has anything left in the tank after what we've seen from him in camp videos and in the preseason game he played.

He's here as a mentor to Bryce, if he ever needs to step on the field, we're screwed.

Wouldn't shock me if he's only here this one season in the end, and if that's the case, Corral on his rookie contract might make more sense as our backup next year than paying a few million for a more legitimate backup.

I also think there is a distinct possibility that by the end of this season, Corral ends up as the #2 on game days with Dalton designated as the 3rd string emergency QB.  I think Dalton is going to be worth every penny we're paying him just to be the mentor for Bryce off the field, but from what I've seen from him in camp, he looks completely washed up as an actual QB on the field.