• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Exactly.

He should have gone to a powerhouse like Mississippi Valley State like Jerry Rice did.

Or Miami of Ohio like Ben Rothlesberger.

Or Southern Miss like Brett Favre

Or Alcorn State like Steve McNair

Or Texas Southern like Michael Strahan

Or Buffalo like Khalil Mack

Or Louisiana Tech like Willie Roaf

Or Jackson State like Walter Payton

lol I had something similar already typed up.  Such a poor argument.  Moton might be our best OL (he is the captain) and he is from the smallest school out of all of the starters.  

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

for sure, in those 3 key OL backups are 2 2023 UDFAs.....both are DII as well.....holy god thats scary.

YGM must be playing DE, even then what in the wide world of sports is going on there?!?!

Fitts got to claim a Ol and DL, wavie a TE and WR Wright.

Seems awful scary, yea colbert is back in what 3-4 games, until then they...well both lines need full praying non-stop.

Id didnt see this happening, cannot be done. NFL games are still won in the trenches. No depth/raw is a death sentence. 

BC will slide to LT if Icky goes down (or possibly RT for Moton).  Cade Mayes can come in pretty much any position on the OL if needed as well.  It's concerning but it's not as bad as it looks on paper.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

BC will slide to LT if Icky goes down (or possibly RT for Moton).  Cade Mayes can come in pretty much any position on the OL if needed as well.  It's concerning but it's not as bad as it looks on paper.  

Id didnt have 8 on the 53 with two of them being UDFAs form DII, thats wild no matter the spin brother. DL is one giant ? too. I need my meds for this, too heavy

Excited Cat GIF

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Id didnt have 8 on the 53 with two of them being UDFAs form DII, thats wild no matter the spin brother. DL is one giant ? too. I need my meds for this, too heavy

Excited Cat GIF

The DL is a BIG ? I agree.  Brown, Tuttle, and Williams are all solid but we need some depth ASAP.  I am going to wait and see how all the chips fall first.  If a decent vet OL is available or gets cut (doubtful) then we might drop of those UDFA.   Would you really feel better if Jordan and Erving were there instead of those rookies?  We KNOW they are hot garbage.  

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The DL is a BIG ? I agree.  Brown, Tuttle, and Williams are all solid but we need some depth ASAP.  I am going to wait and see how all the chips fall first.  If a decent vet OL is available or gets cut (doubtful) then we might drop of those UDFA.   Would you really feel better if Jordan and Erving were there instead of those rookies?  We KNOW they are hot garbage.  

Im sorta surprised at erv, not at all at MJ(very bad). 3 of those 8 are rookies.....bro thats not what you want. Did I mention the other 2 are UDFAs form DII schools and one is 280 LT.... Thats one hell of risk taken, campy better work his magic.

I thought the team had better line depth than this...

Edited by Basbear

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im sorta surprised at erv, not at all at MJ(very bad). 3 of those 8 are rookies.....bro thats not what you want. Did I mention the other 2 are UDFAs form DII schools and one is 280 LT.... Thats one hell of risk taken, campy better work his magic.

The so called depth got outplayed by the two DII UDFA's. Plain and simple.  Ice up son.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 3

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He is 6'5" 289 BC is 6'6" 300.  The size is capable for a NFL tackle.  I'd rather have 2 UDFA rookies on the OL for depth that Campen has signed off on and preferred over 2 terrible vets.  It's still very fluid anyway.  Just relax and let them handle business.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I feel like if you have undrafted guys anywhere, offensive line I’m least worried about. 

So much if it is about the unit as a whole and not the individual. It’s mostly technique and communication.

Take Erving. He was a 1st rounder I believe? He had good feet and prototype tackle size/length. But at 31 he still couldn’t take advantage of his physical tools, played off balance, too high, no leverage. 

Sometimes if you get a guy young before those bad habits solidify, it’s the better direction to go. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1