• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little Steve Wilks news

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

I understand what you are typing, but not why you would think like that. Picking just one year out if a five year period to try to prove some kind of point is really weird. 

A five year offensive HC will always be preferred in this league over a somewhat unknown conservative defensive coach. I think Wilks is a great man and I hope he gets a chance eventually, but this is an odd comparison.

Im confused on Frank as a HC to be honest.

I see people saying we upgraded at HC but their expectations are lower as they have us taking a step back as a team.

If you ask me we downgraded at HC. Which explains why people think we are a few years away from the playoffs. Either way I hate that the players backed Wilks and Tepper went the other route. Im all for hiring a offensive coach but Frank just seems like a average hire.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

23 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Should have been. Everyone here wanted an offensive coach and that's what they got, including Tepper. Still not sold on Reich being the guy.

Did you watch the Bengals game bud? I liked Wilks personally but the passage of time seems to have made for some fuzzy memories.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Then Bengals as well and the Saints game which they totally threw for us

Yeah, all bad.  The TB game was a win and in type scenario basically.  Wilks constantly left Henderson on an island giving Evans his best game of the year.  And punted the ball twice on 4th and a foot from midfield.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Did you watch the Bengals game bud? I liked Wilks personally but the passage of time seems to have made for some fuzzy memories.

49ers have the best DL in the NFL, wilks will be back in demand.

steve is just like RR, he wants to win every game 23-21. with all the roofs and rules for Offense, thats a super hard strategy to follow each week. Plus its taking alonger for winter to start, you got to pass the ball. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Last season my man.

If we judging Wilks on his last stint, im just doing the same for Frank.

Understand now?

Damn Bill B had a loosing season last year. Picking the one season he wasn’t allowed to finish or pick who starts at QB seems a little extreme. They were 3-5-1 with Reich and 1-7 without him last year.

I don’t think Reich is some elite HC, but he is a much better coach to develop Young which is priority 1 for this franchise. He also put together a great looking staff which I’m more excited about than the Reich hire itself. We tried a defensive conservative HC with Fox, then tried it again with Ron, I didn’t want to try it a third time and expect any different results. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Damn Bill B had a loosing season last year. Picking the one season he wasn’t allowed to finish or pick who starts at QB seems a little extreme. They were 3-5-1 with Reich and 1-7 without him last year.

I don’t think Reich is some elite HC, but he is a much better coach to develop Young which is priority 1 for this franchise. He also put together a great looking staff which I’m more excited about than the Reich hire itself. We tried a defensive conservative HC with Fox, then tried it again with Ron, I didn’t want to try it a third time and expect any different results. 

Now you see what it feels like when people say Wilks doesn't deserve to be a HC.

1 bad season with a bad team does not make his career.

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

i think frank had a new QB each year during his time at indy, plus image having a super ego rich crackhead as your boss.... indy is a bottom 5 org. 

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

49ers have the best DL in the NFL, wilks will be back in demand.

steve is just like RR, he wants to win every game 23-21. with all the roofs and rules for Offense, thats a super hard strategy to follow each week. Plus its taking alonger for winter to start, you got to pass the ball. 

Right but the 49ers are stacked and have had about half a dozen first rounders to build that d line with.

Well that's unfortunate because like Rivera even the defense which is supposed to be the bread and butter of both left a lot to be desired the last time we saw them coaching for us.

I've eviscerated Tepper for the clown show he's overseen with Matt Rhule but I cannot blame him for opting to go with an offensive minded head coach this time.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now you see what it feels like when people say Wilks doesn't deserve to be a HC.

1 bad season with a bad team does not make his career.

He has never had a good one though. I’m ok with ignoring that season as Cardinals HC, but that just makes him unproven. You need a good offensive mind to keep up in today’s NFL. I get the players backed him, but that usually happens with an interim HC because if they don’t and he gets the job it makes it very awkward. Players were backing Rhule until he got fired.