• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Depth Chart (from Panthers.com)

Santee_Panther

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I think this year will be an interesting test, having a good D Corr. to make the adjustments and calls to mitigate lack of talent and depth. Plus I don't think the Panthers are done on the d-line yet.

Ultimately it comes down to winning the close games. That and player development/buy-in.

33 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

2) 5 DL (3 starters) but 6 OLBs (2 starters) seems like strange math. Hopefully that’s because they really like Barno/Haynes/YGM and the rookie Johnson.

3) I know it has been discussed, but will be interesting to see how they use Chinn alongside Bell and Woods.

The more I think about it, I think these two are actually linked together.

So many teams play 3 and 4 WR sets, especially teams with a TE who is more of a receiver, that we'll need to be playing 5 DB's a lot.

If they seem pretty set on calling Chinn a NCB and not a LB (and thus they won't put him in one of the OLB spots when on the field) with how this roster is built right now, then I think Williams is most likely the player who will come off the field with Burns, Houston, YGM, Haynes acting more as 4-3 DE's.  

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If Zavala is lights outs and does amazing you trade Corbett. If not then switch out.

Not sure anyone is giving up anything good enough mid-season for a guard that would make it worth our while to lose depth based on how a rookie was playing the first month of the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Not sure anyone is giving up anything good enough mid-season for a guard that would make it worth our while to lose depth based on how a rookie was playing the first month of the season.

We are stuck with Corbett for two seasons.  His contract is ridiculous.  Starting or backup, he ain't going anywhere.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We are stuck with Corbett for two seasons.  His contract is ridiculous.  Starting or backup, he ain't going anywhere.

Ouch, 16 million dead cap hit to lose him this year, 11 next year, and still even almost 8 and 4 in the two years following. 

Easily here this year and next, and honestly at an almost 8 million dead cap hit (when he'd only be just under 4 million towards the cap to stay in 2025) even if he's a backup then he'd be better to be kept around than lose an extra 4 million on the cap

Edited by tukafan21

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Ouch, 16 million dead cap hit to lose him this year, 11 next year, and still even almost 8 and 4 in the two years following. 

Easily here this year and next, and honestly at an almost 8 million dead cap hit (when he'd only be just under 4 million towards the cap to stay in 2025) even if he's a backup then he'd be better to be kept around than lose an extra 4 million on the cap

Unfortunately that almost $8mil “dead cap” after next season are void years. He’s only under contract through next season. This was kicking the can maneuvering due to our tough cap situation last year.  

24 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

Unfortunately that almost $8mil “dead cap” after next season are void years. He’s only under contract through next season. This was kicking the can maneuvering due to our tough cap situation last year.  

Seriously?  

We structured his contract to have over 12 million in dead cap hits combined in the 2 years after his contract was over?

For a guard?  What the hell?!?!?!

11 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seriously?  

We structured his contract to have over 12 million in dead cap hits combined in the 2 years after his contract was over?

For a guard?  What the hell?!?!?!

His cap hit was only $3mil last year. Will be $5mil this year. $10mil next year (oof). And then he will no longer be under contact and count almost $8mil against the ‘25 cap. 

It was basically a 3 year $26mil contract, but backloaded and spread out over 4 years. If he has similar production as last year again this year and next, not bad. But if not…

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

8-9 wins would be a dream for sure. I

think this DL lineup, other than Brown, is a mid-level USFL lineup. The linebackers have speed and clearly this is a finesse defense, but it’s not unreasonable to think there’s gonna be some 150-yard rushing performances at their expense. And I get that you can’t fill every hole every offseason, but I still, yet again, feel underwhelmed with Fitterer’s overall performance. 

8 wins should be the minimum not the dream. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2