• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Deion is one of the greatest American athletes in history. He transcended the game of NFL and was a big deal for baseball. 

he is a breat of fresh air for coaching. He is real and saying how it is and that of course rubs the crotchety old people of European dissent wrong because they just want to be entertained. 

my only concern is that this is going to be one of the top storylines in CFB this year and I think espn is gonna be shoving it down our throats like they did with Zion and Manziel. I’m gonna be watching the Maui Imvitational and Bill Walton is gonna go on a 10 minute diatribe about Colorado football because espn told him to 

Agreed on all counts, and that Walton take is fuging hilarious and super likely.🤣🤣🤣

But yeah, fug ESPN.  We canceled our directv last year, and I really haven't missed it at all...  I used to spend hours watching it, but even then was starting to feel really frustrated with th repetitiveness and them just running everything into the ground while inventing their own news and storylines by pushing narratives with their fuging gasbag personalities all of the time.  They are insufferable.

But, I love me some Deion!  I really hope they push for Top 10+ this season.  I always appreciated the program from early memories of my football fandom with the likes of Slash, Westbrook, Rashan Salaam, etc., so I love that Deion took on the challenge to revitalize that program.  It's gonna be fun to watch. 

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I’m glad your friend is ok. What happened is a GD tragedy. What do you think the admin could do for the staff? 

Speaking for myself (he's still processing as you can imagine), I believe that they need to provide something a bit more impactful than an hour long group discussion along with an email chain "checking in."

The most damning issue for the college right now, and why they are in save their ass mode, is because the advisor/professor that was murdered had emailed the department and relevant parties expressing concern for the shooter's mental health. They had prior notice of this and did nothing.

Also, when the shooting occurred, there are three levels for which the college categorizes an incident. I don't remember the exact naming conventions, but the breakdown he gave me was that cat1 is everything goes on as normal, cat2 is that school is done for the day but everything resumes as normal the next day, and cat3 is for anything that requires more than that. UNC originally classified this as cat2 instead of a cat3. As a result, students were left wondering how they were going to finish an assignment while processing a traumatic event until enough backlash forced the college to correct course.

I saw the news blurb about an hour after it had occurred and legitimatley paused for an entire minute trying to figure out how to contact him. I ultimately opted to DM him on Discord since to my knowledge his Discord notifications are always turned off. After he had been evacuated (~3:30pm the day of, more than 2.5hrs after the shooting occurred above him), he told me that a co-worker called his office phone twice trying to check on him so he ended up having to rip it out of the wall to avoid having it bring attention to him.

• Pie 1

Apologies, I didn't actually answer the what I think they should do part specifically.

For starters, the mandatory reporting process needs to be reviewed and fixed. To say that the ball was dropped there is an understatement. The process in which classes are canceled and a shooting on campus is responded to is in need of a major overhaul.

Providing access to mental health services instead of a half ass checkbox would be nice as well. I'm not sure what they're providing the students but for the faculty that just lost a teammate they've done fug all.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

I don’t watch tons of UNC, generally when I do I feel Mack would annoy me as my teams HC. 

all 3 timeouts, a minute on the clock, one of the top QBs in college football…. and he just let the clock run out.   UNC was slated to get the ball back in the 2nd half.  That’s a lot of coaches dream scenario.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that guy looked so good filling in for Trevor Lawrence then he looked so bad as a full time starter. Maybe he needed a change of scenery. I don't know.

He is from California, maybe going back to the west coast will help him, all I know is he needs to be much better as a passer than he has been.