• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at their schedule objectively and try to get them a game over .500 at best.

Schedule is tough but I think they beat Oregon and lose to USC the following week.

After that I think Washington beats them and I could see them ending the season with only 2 losses.

At the end of the day I think they end the season as a top 25 ranked team. That would be a overachievement for Deion in his 1st season. That program won 1 game last year.

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Defense needs to show up for the Heels today. I watched the Minny vs Nebraska game and was not impressed really by anything Minny did. PJ Fleck is a good coach and somebody who might get a promotion to UNC once Mack retires. 

We've been waiting for our D to show up for years. The South Carolina game gave me some real hope but then the App game was back to looking like a matador again.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We've been waiting for our D to show up for years. The South Carolina game gave me some real hope but then the App game was back to looking like a matador again.

It was puzzling how they looked incredible against a good QB and probably a better overall team talent wise than App but then looked like ass last week. 

I’ve been reading and hearing about how incredible the Gopher D is but come on they haven’t played anyone worth a crap, and frankly if anyone else was coaching Nebraska they probably lose. 

Still, never count out the UNC defense to embarrass the school and fans and we seem to play to the level of our competition so I’m sure the no name Qb will look like Tom Brady. 

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It was puzzling how they looked incredible against a good QB and probably a better overall team talent wise than App but then looked like ass last week. 

I’ve been reading and hearing about how incredible the Gopher D is but come on they haven’t played anyone worth a crap, and frankly if anyone else was coaching Nebraska they probably lose. 

Still, never count out the UNC defense to embarrass the school and fans and we seem to play to the level of our competition so I’m sure the no name Qb will look like Tom Brady. 

One of our DL said after the game that the South Carolina OTs were tipping their hand pre-play whether it was run or pass based on how they were lining up. I believe it because that defensive performance seems like an anomaly in recent years.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at their schedule objectively and try to get them a game over .500 at best.

I think Oregon beats them by three scores and introduces some reality to the runaway hype train.

I'd agree, with the sole caveat that not many likely would have predicted them beating TCU either, so there's that.

8 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I have no good reason to believe this, but I think Florida will upset Tennessee in the swamp tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxOfYRDOPFL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Yeah I laid off this game betting wise. I don’t think Tenn has won in the swamp in like forever and that UF coach feeling some heat. 

36 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Defense needs to show up for the Heels today. I watched the Minny vs Nebraska game and was not impressed really by anything Minny did. PJ Fleck is a good coach and somebody who might get a promotion to UNC once Mack retires. 

Good luck with that. This roster just isn't very good. I'm expecting the Heels to go .500 this year.

Drake Maye should have transferred this program doesn't deserve a talent like that.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Schedule is tough but I think they beat Oregon and lose to USC the following week.

After that I think Washington beats them and I could see them ending the season with only 2 losses.

At the end of the day I think they end the season as a top 25 ranked team. That would be an overachievement for Deion in his 1st season. That program won 1 game last year.

I think Oregon is the start of reality setting in for Colorado….and Deion starts to down some of his noise. 

Nebraska is a horrible team overall.  A TCU was a trash D with a rebuilt O.  Colorado is definitely greatly improved and overrated at the same time right now

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd agree, with the sole caveat that not many likely would have predicted them beating TCU either, so there's that.

Based on what TCU did last year but they lost pretty much their entire offense and they were a team carried by offense. That number beside their name was a nod to last year's achievements and last year culminated in one of the worst beatdowns of all time in a high level championship game. They're not good. Significantly worse than I expected. It was a combo of CU being significantly better than expected and TCU being significantly worse than expected.