• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: Insight to Brian Burns Contract

Saca312

53 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

None of that gives Burns any leverage. 

Burns is under contract thus season, and won't hold out. 

So your circumstantial evidence,  is just your opinions based on  poo. 

Good work. 

My opinion is based on experience negotiating contacts. You always keep your cards close to the chest and never look eager. When you can smell desperation the only real question is how much is it going to end up costing them. We're desperate, Burns' agent knows it, we've established his value at 3 1sts, that's Bosa level money. We lost the negotiations before we even sat down. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I'd like you to provide evidence if this insane statement. Other than that's your feelings. 

I don’t need to provide evidence for the obvious. Whether you think Burns is worth Bosa money or not he has all the leverage now. Let the defense struggle without their best pass rusher while holding out, force a trade that won’t be near what the rams offered(now that Carolina is backed into a corner) or pay him top edge money. 

I bet he gets his big contact any day now 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not that he would have asked for less but he knows exactly how much we value his skills. That's a valuable piece of information. 

So you agree he wouldn't have asked for less, so do tell how that "valuable piece of information" makes a difference.

Just now, Mage said:

So you agree he wouldn't have asked for less, so do tell how that "valuable piece of information" makes a difference.

Because he knows we value him as a Bosa level player which means he doesn't have to sign for less because he knows that we're willing to pay more. You can't say you're only willing to pay 25 when your actions say you'll pay more. 

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because he knows we value him as a Bosa level player which means he doesn't have to sign for less because he knows that we're willing to pay more. 

So if the Rams didn't offer to trade for him, Brian Burns would settle for less money? 

Come on now.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

People keep harping on the Rams 2 1sts, like bro, when? 2054? lol 

2024 and 2025. They’re probably one of the worst teams in the league, with Burns. Not gonna take a side and say which I want between the two but those picks are probably top 4-6 picks. Mcvay, old Stafford, going through things Kupp, barely wanting to play anymore Donald is not enough to overcome how barren and bad that team is. Bottom five OL, bottom five defense, terrible weapons.

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

So if the Rams didn't offer to trade for him, Brian Burns would settle for less money? 

Come on now.

He may have been willing to but now he knows he doesn't have to. The Rams offer established value. Typically when you enter a negotiation you have a bottom line you're willing to accept. If you know the other side has a bottom line higher than yours, you move yours. You don't have to settle for less because you know they will pay more. There's a lot less pressure when you know their numbers. 

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He may have been willing to but now he knows he doesn't have to. The Rams offer established value. Typically when you enter a negotiation you have a bottom line you're willing to accept. If you know the other side has a bottom line higher than yours, you move yours. You don't have to settle for less because you know they will pay more. There's a lot less pressure when you know their numbers. 

I feel like you are overthinking this.

I seriously, seriously doubt a player would somehow take less money because another team didn't offer to trade for them.  That just doesn't make a lick of sense.  No team has reportedly offered 2 1st round picks for Chris Jones and yet is he looking to settle for less money? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1