• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tee Higgins on Block?

Rags

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/08/cincinnati-bengals-and-tee-higgins-not-close-on-extension-source/70796912007/

The former second-round pick out of Clemson is not believed to be in the Bengals’ future plans. Higgins was offered a contract extension this offseason but it didn’t meet what Higgins is expecting to get on the open market. Cincinnati’s front office will have the option to apply the franchise tag next offseason on Higgins to keep him around for one more season but that doesn’t seem likely.

obviously, much more pressing issues on the roster, but heyworth discussing if he actually hits the trade block. Great big body WR that I feel would pair wonderfully with Young.

Thoughts?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Trade for Burns and additional compensation? 

I would LOVE to get this guy on our roster. 

Thanks for using my proposal I made the other day.

It was Burns for Higgins/future 1st.

I doubt they can afford to pay Burns after the Bosa deal. So this is just a pipedream trade as well.

• Flames 1

If they aren't going to pay Higgins, they're not going to trade him (and draft picks) for a DE that they have to give $10 million more a season for.

Can't see any situation where they trade him this year, they are legitimate SB contenders with him, it's worth losing him for nothing after the season to make a run at the SB with him this year for them.

Best guess is he plays out the year, then they tag and trade him next offseason.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

They are going to have to get Bryce a serious weapon next year. I think they will pay to do it. 

Tee Higgins isn't a number one WR it's similar to the Brian Burns arguments you guys wouldn't want us to pay him and he's looking to get paid as well. Its very similar he's not a top tier WR but a step below Burns is not a Bosa level DE but a step below. 

Edited by trucpfan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

They are going to have to get Bryce a serious weapon next year. I think they will pay to do it. 

I meant the Bengals.

Ja'Marr is Burrow's best friend and in the competition for WR #1, so he's also gonna get paid. They just made Joey B the new highest paid QB (I think?). They're not gonna be able to add a Top 5 grossing edge's contract onto that.

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

Tee Higgins isn't a number one WR it's similar to the Brian Burns arguments you guys wouldn't want us to pay him and he's looking to get paid as well. Its very similar he's not too tier WR but a step below Burns not Bosa level DE but a step below. 

he had 908 Receiving yards his rookie season and he was the #1. He's maintained similar numbers to his #1 production as the clearcut #2. 

Sure he could be "just another #2" but both his tape and production leaves one to think he can at least be the same tier Moore was.

1 minute ago, Rags said:

he had 908 Receiving yards his rookie season and he was the #1. He's maintained similar numbers to his #1 production as the clearcut #2. 

Sure he could be "just another #2" but both his tape and production leaves one to think he can at least be the same tier Moore was.

This is the Huddle. If you're not a top 5 WR at worst then you aren't a #1 WR. a true #1 NFL WR is a mythical beast on the Huddle which is weird given our fairly sorry history at WR.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1